Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Job Search Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Search Addiction

I probably shouldn't admit this to the public, but I am addicted. I can't help it. Every day I am searching the internet and checking websites for jobs, for my husband. I have several job posting sites for his specialty on my favorites list. Something forces me to check daily for new possibilities. I need to be cut-off.

He won't start his official job search for a few months, but I continually update him on openings. I am sure it is a waste of time because I can't get him the job and he isn't prepared to begin applying anywhere. Part of me is impatient to find out where we will move after this year.

Ok, I feel better coming clean. The anticipation is getting to me. (I don't know how to make one of those cute smilely faces which would be perfect here.)

Jennifer
    Needs

Jennifer, I am sooo excited about my husband getting a job within this next year!!! These are exciting times, aren't they? I'm doing the same thing... looking for jobs in WV. We have to go back fro loan repayment. We have been talking about our future a lot lately. We are going to pay off our loans in WV and then, who knows where we'll be.

Well, I just wanted you to know that I am right there with ya!!

Christy

Comment

Christy- It is pretty fun to anticpate where we will end up. Since we have a whole year, I am trying to think about other things. I am just happy to only have one year left of training.

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

Oh man- don't even get me started! We don't even really get the option of choosing wehre we go. I mean we can ASK but as Sally can attest (unfortunately) the military sends you where ever they need you! All I know is that we're here until June 30, 2003! The anticipation is killing me and I'm driving my poor husband crazy!

Jenn

Comment

Jennifer,

Tonight is graduation which means only 365 days left until my husband graduated... May the countdown begin!!! YEEAAAHH!!!!!!

Jenn, I know it has to be difficult not getting to chose as widely. We had two resident last year who were in the Air Force. One of our friends ended up in NC. I hope ya will get a special place!!! Hey, I saw you lived in Pensacola, FL at one time? Me too!! I love it there. One day, wehope we'll either be there or NC. We'll see...

Christy

Comment

Jenn, I'm sorry!!! That's right.... Pittsburgh!! That's the connection!! I live near Pittsburgh now. How long did you live in Pittsburgh? I live in Washington, PA, south of Pittsburgh.

Christy

Forever Friends

Comment

I lived in Pittsburgh from 8 months to 7 years old. But my entire family is from the 'burgh. My grandmother still lives there and my husband, father, brother, uncle and small obnoxious male cousin are all going in for the annual 3 days of Pirates games in July. I was there in February for my dad's surprise 60th birthday party. (He thought he was coming in to do my grandmother's taxes)

Jenn

Comment

Christy-

Nope- not me- I've only ever lived in the DC area, Pittsburgh and here. One of the other Jennifers has though.. (and my mother thought she was being soooo original!)

Jenn
                Edited by: jloreine at: 6/14/02 8:41:36 pm

Comment

Hey Christy-

any chance you guys would know a friend of mine from undergrad who at last we heard was working as a radiologist in Morgantown?

email me you email address if you think there's hope- we'd love to find him- our 15 year college reunion is next Spring.

Jenn (jloreine@mindspring.com)

Comment

Jenn, I would love to help you find him. My brother-in-law (my sister's husband) is a radiologist in Morgantown, so I just may be able to help you find him. I'll email you!

Christy

Comment

Wow!!! What a small world!!! I didn't know you family was from there. My husband & I are originally from Morgantown, West Virginia, but have spent many days in Pittsburgh for fun or shopping. We shopped at Century III Mall a lot.

It's so nice to put you in our regional area. This is so wonderful. I know when you come and see family, you must be very busy, but if you ever want to meet or something, let me know. I'll have my two boys with me, of course. LOL!!

Your Friend,

Christy

Comment

Maybe I'll be able to talk you into writing an article for the newsletter about job searches then?

Kris
                        "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
                        Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                        X