Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flynn

Sorry I haven't touched bases with you about your house. I bet it's beautiful. And I must admit I've been disgustingly jealous that things went so smoothly for you. (but genuinely happy for you, as well. )

I hope things are still going well and you're settling in. I quickly skimmed your blogs and the pictures are beautiful. You guys did a really nice job on everything.

I have a question... How did you 'thank' everyone who worked on your house? Did you send cards, gift cards, etc? We've gotten restaurant gift cards from a few people, it seems odd to send them one in return. Thank you cards would be appropriate, but I'm running late and we're still struggling with water issues. Ugh.

What did you send and to whom? Ugh. I'm so not good at this stuff. And did I ask you about this thank you stuff before? I'm losing it. I know I've typed this letter out a thousand times in my head, I'm just not sure if it ever made it to paper...

-Jodi

Re: Flynn

Originally posted by Entropy
    Sorry I haven't touched bases with you about your house. I bet it's beautiful. And I must admit I've been disgustingly jealous that things went so smoothly for you. (but genuinely happy for you, as well. )

I hope things are still going well and you're settling in. I quickly skimmed your blogs and the pictures are beautiful. You guys did a really nice job on everything.

I have a question... How did you 'thank' everyone who worked on your house? Did you send cards, gift cards, etc? We've gotten restaurant gift cards from a few people, it seems odd to send them one in return. Thank you cards would be appropriate, but I'm running late and we're still struggling with water issues. Ugh.

What did you send and to whom? Ugh. I'm so not good at this stuff. And did I ask you about this thank you stuff before? I'm losing it. I know I've typed this letter out a thousand times in my head, I'm just not sure if it ever made it to paper...

-Jodi
    We thought about this for a while.

We ended up not buying anything for anyone. Instead we wrote excellent letters of reference, will allow potential clients to call us directly and are even willing to show our house five times a year.

It turns out that our house has gotten the builder three jobs already....smaller jobs but JOBS. One is a remodel, one is a mud room deck job, and one is a face lift for a dining room.

The builders seem more than pleased with this.

So that's the route we went.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I hope you're having a decent experience?????

Fill me in when you can.
      I can't believe everything worked out so well.
      We spent about 4% over the estimate but most of that was due to the copper wiring increase that happened during the building....you can't plan for that.
      Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

We just did a kitchen and bath, so different scale. I also offered to be a reference because I was really happy with their work. We got rid of a few things along the way and I let the workers take some of it -- a fridge we replaced, that sort of thing.

They thanked us with a custom built wine rack. It was really sweet of them.

I hope you get all your water issues and such figured out.

Comment

Thanks, both of you, that helps. I don't know how we're going to handle our GC. He was more than willing to help with the little final details and small problems, but once we realized the extent of the water problems, he bailed. According to his attorney, "It's not our problem."
          :|

Thanks again.

Jodi

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
            Thanks, both of you, that helps. I don't know how we're going to handle our GC. He was more than willing to help with the little final details and small problems, but once we realized the extent of the water problems, he bailed. According to his attorney, "It's not our problem."
            :|

Thanks again.

Jodi
            Oh Crap. Crappity crap.
            Flynn

Comment

Working...
            X