Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you think of Houston Medical on ABC? (NT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Houston Medical on ABC? (NT)

I have watched the last couple of episodes. I didn't like that surgical resident who cheated on his wife either. The chief surgery resident said something about all but one of the married residents he started out with are divorced. I found that very disconcerning.

A part I hoped all of America, especially my friends and family, caught was the reality of a doctor's financial situation. In fact, it was a neonatologist who talked about her enormous debt and $3000 monthly student loan payments. Her husband acknowledged the stereotype how people think they should have a mansion and a lot of money since his wife is a physician.

Jennifer
    Needs

Well, I'm out of it....what is Houston Medical?

Kris
    "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
    Douglas Adams

Comment

Love it!
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I watched it for the first time tonight. I thought it was pretty good. They had a surgery resident on there who I thought was the biggest jerk in the world.

Crystal
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I haven't seen it either - what is it?

Jennifer

Comment

Houston Medical is an ABC reality medical show which follows lives of patients and medical staff in Houston. The show airs Tuesdays at 10pm EST. It seems pretty good so far.

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

I saw it this week for the first time and I really liked it.

Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Jenn did a good job of summing it up. ABC did something like this last year but only on John Hopkins.

I found it great that they hit the medical marriage, and of course the financial issues.

Crystal
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I saw it this week!!! I thought it was really good!

Kris
                  "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
                  Douglas Adams

Comment

My .02--

I cried when the young girl was diagnosed with what is essentially terminal brain cancer. While the program was pretty good, I generally don't like tear jerkers. Oh yeah, I also thought that the trauma surgeon was an arrogant and unbearable jack***. His bedside manner was horrible.

As far as the divorce rates of surgery residents, I have heard rumors of programs with 100% divorce rates for the general surgery residents. I don't know if these stats are true, but they are scary. Lord knows that this isn't the case around here, thank God.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                    X