Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Renting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting Question

Does anyone know what "Income Qualifications Apply" means? Does this mean they'll want a minimum or they'll be a maximum? I'm just trying to figure out if these are low income housing or the opposite.

Well, I can see what you are saying. I think it depends. Is this in Philadelphia?

In Philly, if it is over $2000 per month, I would say that you have to prove you have enough money to pay the rent, and not the other way around. Are you slumming?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

It's not Philly, but the rents are somewhat high for the area (although not for someone coming from NY) and the buildings are advertised as "luxury" and "top of the line". I hope that it'll be a case of us proving we can afford the rent. I guess I can just ask what they mean by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
        It's not Philly, but the rents are somewhat high for the area (although not for someone coming from NY) and the buildings are advertised as "luxury" and "top of the line". I hope that it'll be a case of us proving we can afford the rent. I guess I can just ask what they mean by that.
        Luxury and top of the line mean that you have to prove you can pay the rent. It is not low-income housing.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We had a duplex in Portland for which we had to prove our combined income was at least thrice the rent. I'm guessing that's the kind of restrictions they're looking for.
          Alison

Comment

That's the kind of restrictions I'm looking for. I can't wait to leave the low-income housing of resident days behind.

Comment

I agree - I think they want you to prove you can pay the rent.
              Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Usually it means that you must have an income in very specific parameters. Meaning, you're poor, but not too poor to pay the rent.

But the way it's worded is pretty broad. Ask them at the office what exactly that means.

Comment

Around here it means they want to make sure you can pay the rent so they take the monthly rent and multiply it by a certain number (I think maybe 40) and that's how much you have to earn to be able to be considered to rent the apartment. It's to keep those who won't be able to pay the rent due to low incomes out.

Comment

There are some buildings in Chicago, where you have to qualify with a *low* enough income. They're nice buildings too... I would ask.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                    X