Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

University of Michigan transplant team crashes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Michigan transplant team crashes...

into Lake Michigan. Not sure if this has been posted somewhere or not. This is a very unfortunate tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with those on board, their families, and those who were depending on their talents.

http://www.med.umich.edu/opm/newspage/2007/crash.htm
    Husband of an amazing female physician!

Oh no! I am so sad that this happened. I hope that no one here was personally affected.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Oh, that's awful!
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

OMG!!!

DH had U Mich on his match list.
        I bet he knows of the "fellow" CT guy who died.
        Crap crap crap.
        I should email our friend who is a new attending there (different surgical speciality) and ask if he's okay. He knew the CT guys pretty well.
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Oh wow! That is very sad. My prayers go out to the families.

DH used to fly on a helicopter while in fellowship and the helicopter crashed while taking off one night when DH was on-call. I was freaking out until I could get ahold of him.

He is ahead of the transport team in his job. They are trying to get a chopper system going where DH works and he is against it (mostly because it isn't needed). Thankfully!
          Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
            DH used to fly on a helicopter while in fellowship and the helicopter crashed while taking off one night when DH was on-call. I was freaking out until I could get ahold of him.
            I remember that night at UH (right?).

So very sad for the U of M team.

Comment

So terribly sad, one thing I'm grateful for is that my DH has never had to get on a helicopter or small plane for his job. My dad flies in a small plane for his job all the time and my mom hates it.

They are in our thoughts.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Oh that's terrible.

Hope none of "ours" are impacted.

Jenn

Comment

How very sad.

Comment

What an awful tragedy, not just for those onboard and their families but also for the patient awaiting the organ transplant. Can you imagine what he/she must be feeling?? Geez.

We are at U of M, I haven't had a chance to speak to DH about it though. I don't know if he knew any of those onboard or not.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

So sad for the families...

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                        Originally posted by Phoebe
                        I remember that night at UH (right?).

So very sad for the U of M team.
                        Yes, at UH.
                        Needs

Comment

They released the names. It's on CNN.com, if anyone is looking. So sad...
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                          X