Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Carpet cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet cleaning?

Anyone know how to go about finding a good carpet cleaning service. My carpets are awful.

Right now, I'm all about the $, but I really don't want to rent the rug doctor. Are there questions I should be asking? Should I just pick one?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

when we needed ours done for our old apartment, we called Sears and they had a team come and do it. I don't remember it being that expensive. good luck!
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

All righty. I called Sears. Thanks so much. I feel better knowing that it isn't some random company. At least, I think I do. :huh:

Comment

No prob! They even showed up in Sear's van which made it all the more legit. We did a walk through before they left to make sure we were satisfied.
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

How much was it Heidi? I need to get it done too but just havent for fear of a big bill.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

$109 for the stairs, living room, dining room, and family room. There are places that are definitely cheaper, but I didn't know if I could trust that. Too good to be true? :huh:

Comment

Don't go for the cheapest. We did and I seriously couldn't tell the difference when they were done. Plus whatever machine they used kept popping the fuse every 10 minutes.

Comment

For less than $200 I bought the Bissell Steam cleaner and it has more than paid for itself. It is lightweight, easy to use, and you can shampoo as much or as little as you want. It is also great for upholstery. I paid for Stanley Steamer before buying this, and this is really just as good.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We went with our own steam cleaner too. It was a must with beige carpet and two dogs that love to dig in the garden!

Now that we have all hardwood floors, it is getting dusty in the basement.
                  Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                  X