Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

c'mon, quit yer whinin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vanquisher
    See the original few posters to this thread said it was a great list. I get moe and more on board with this thread by the post. The list is whack, yo.

I know it's kind of an....annoying list....but...when I first read it when I was flying through posts in the callroom..I didn't read the part where the guy pretty much called everyone a loser....I just headed to the list...and at its face value....the list does sort of have some good points to it....

I do *get* that if we stop watching at much tv, walk more, take better care of ourselves and nurture our relationships more that we will be happier.

Maybe it does follow that we do create some of our unhappiness? I wouldn't take it that far though. I don't like the *quit your whining* part that he launches into...said in a kinder way, the list does have good qualities.

I'll run and hide now.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I didn't mean to say that the list doesn't have good points in it. I just don't like the "holier than thou" tone that this article has. I think most of us do the best we can, and we don't need a list to point out all our shortcomings.

Besides, I disagree with a few of the points as better ways to live. I don't think there is a one size fits all way to live that will ensure happiness. I do think that you should try to be a good person and treat others with kindness. How many times I shower a day or whether I wear a watch or go out to eat and have a glass of wine aren't hurting anyone.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

You know I've gotten to the point where I don't worry about what other people have or have not when it comes to money.

We are VERY lucky in that DH's education was paid for by his VERY hard working grandparents who provided educational funds for their grandchildren. Since then we've been on our own and I think having that support taught us a lot.

I've noticed A LOT of 1st and 2nd year residents buying houses here that are WAY more then we paid for ours, driving new cars, etc. Who pays for that? Are they paying for it? Are their parents paying for it? Are they living in mountains and mountains of debt b/c after four years of college and four years of medical school they feel like they deserve it?

Who cares - I've learned no matter how you live your life people are going to judge you - let them judge. DH and I are going to live our life and raise our kids the way we see fit and everyone else can be our friends or keep their opinions to themselves.

:soapbox:
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
          Who cares - I've learned no matter how you live your life people are going to judge you - let them judge. DH and I are going to live our life and raise our kids the way we see fit and everyone else can be our friends or keep their opinions to themselves.

Amen, sister!!!

Comment

The secret to happiness is not to do things you enjoy! Of course!

(I'm being unfair, because really he's talking about how to avoid unhappiness I guess, but personally, I'd rather avoid unhappiness by doing things that make me happy, not by doing the bare minimum to survive so that I can persist in some gray world of neither joy nor sorrow. Maybe his reply to that would be "the wrong things make you happy" to which I would reply "kindly go yourself")
            - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Working...
            X