Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ARGHHHH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGHHHH

The City is installing new water mains down the middle of my street. This has been going on for months and they've finally made it immediately in front of my house.

and now they're drilling and pounding to the point that my entire house is shaking.

There's a HUGE hole in front of my front sidewalk- like four foot wide, six feet back and easily 6 feet deep. This is in addition to the huge gaping hole that goes all the way down the middle of the street. They cover it w/ steel slabs at night so everyone someone drives down the street they rumble.

I'm sure they're lovely pipes and I'm sure that they're replacing ancient onces but man, this is taking a LONG time.

the only upside is that no one is able to get to see the little house my parents want!

Jenn

Oh...how awful.....they did this in the neighborhood of an acquaintance of mine a few years back....and it was an endless mess of construction, noise, dirt....you name it.

I think you deserve -------->

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I hope they finish this work soon. How annoying!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

So sorry. What a pain in the arse.

Comment

DCJenn - you are not going to believe but I sooo feel your pain. The city is doing the same thing on my street and are now in front of my house too. We must be on the same street just different planes.

My worry is that they will have the whole street torn up just about the time that the movers need to get us out of our house.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I too feel your pain. I lived through the same thing when we were in an apartment in Cleveland. Only some schmuck ran into the pipes / spigot which then shot water up into our open, 3rd floor window & flooded our apartment.

Here's hoping your workers are speedy!

Comment

That stinks!! Hope they get out of there quickly.

Comment

I am house hunting in a neighborhood that has this going on. It really must be annoying to live there, because I can't even stand having to drive through it once a week! Good luck, and have that drink someone suggested

Eileen

Comment

Working...
                X