Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Moving/Fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving/Fridge

Our refrigerator. It came with our last house (so it is about 3-4 years old) and it's pretty nice (Kitchen Aid Superba in stainless steel). We brought it here since there was no frig BUT we have a frig in our new home (built in). I want to sell it and DH wants to bring it and store it in the garage or basement.

WWYD?

My argument is that it might not even fit in our next house (we will be moving again in 2 years) regarding size and/or stainless steel. And I could use some $$ now anyway.

I would say if you really don't need it sell it, but I'd love to have a 2nd refrigerator for storing things like soda, etc. and especially for when we host holidays.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'd say keep the fridge. You won't be able to sell it for that much anyway. I would love a fridge for our garage.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just recently bought a freezer for my garage, and I wish I had another refridgerator.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

If you aren't sure you need it, sell it. We had a fridge in our basement that we just didn't use much at all (but that was before kids). It was a huge pain to get down the basement stairs.

Disclaimer: I'm in a "if you don't use it, get rid of it" mode today and about to take a bunch of stuff to goodwill.

Comment

I wouldn't want it in the basement either, but if you have a garage it will fit in consider it.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

If you're paying for your own move, sell it. If it's paid for - keep it. Remember moves are by weight - so if you don't think you want / need it, you'll basically be paying for it again w/the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                If you're paying for your own move, sell it. If it's paid for - keep it. Remember moves are by weight - so if you don't think you want / need it, you'll basically be paying for it again w/the move.
                Even though our move is paid for, I'm still getting rid of a lot of stuff we won't need in the next place. I'd have to pay for storage to keep it and there's no guarantee we'll ever need this stuff again.

Comment

Unless it is an "energy star" or energy efficient model, I'd get rid of it. Especially if you have to pay to move it.
                  Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                  X