Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bad Moon Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Moon Rising

Aaargh!!

It was so fitting last night when "Bad Moon Rising" came on the radio after the day we had that was meant to be our relaxing boating day with family.

First, as we were leaving the house - everyone in the car - I took DH's keys and went back in the house to get the directions. Only to walk back out locking the door behind me with the keys sitting on the kitchen counter! We're locked out of the house and have no keys to drive the car.

Everyone was mad at me of course.

I rode my bike around the neighborhood hunting for our neighbor girl or her family who have our spare key - to the community gardens where they always seem to be... to their house.. .can't find them.

I ride to a friend's house nearby and get an extra car to use for the day so we can at least get to the boat.

DH is at home when I get back to the house with the car - he's trying to pry the back door open with a crow bar. He didn't get it open yet, but damaged it. Our son hit the door with a baseball bat. Not sure which one of them dented the metal door.

Everyone is very hot and still mad at me.

We get lost on the way to where the boat is docked. So does our family who are meeting us there. We're all talking on cell phones to each other and driving around lost and (some) crabby. We finally all arrive at the same time, but late.

Everyone was starting to laugh about it and calm down a little - happy to see each other and looking forward to the ride.

Boating is going well - we're having a nice time and cooling off from the heat. Trying not to get sunburned. Kids are taking turns driving the boat with Daddy who really loves boating and is completely calmed down by now.

Boat suddenly stops running. It breaks down in the middle of the water.... will not engage -has power but won't go in forward or reverse. '')

We're near a beach where other boaters have beached boats and are swimming. We take out oars and with great difficulty get the boat near the beach and other boaters wade out to pull us in with help from DH who jumps in water to pull boat in. We have a picnic on beach, but are stranded. We're bummed about the broken down boat, it belongs to a friend and we hope it won't cost much to fix.

DH asks other boaters to tow us a few miles to the boat's slip. They are worried because they've never towed a boat before, but they do!!! It goes pretty smoothly. Boating day cut short, but the kids go swimming near the dock and still have a ton of fun.

Just as we're leaving we turn on the radio in the friend's car and hear "I see the Bad Moon Rising"!

A perfect ending! Made us all laugh a lot. By the time we got home, the neighbor with our key was home. DH got two new spare keys today and hid them around here somewhere... and is working on fixing back door.

We actually felt extremely lucky about how it all turned out - but it was definately not what we were expecting! And so goes life!

Bad Moon Rising
    Creedence Clearwater Revival
    (Music & Lyrics : J. C. Fogerty)

I see the bad moon arising.
    I see trouble on the way.
    I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
    I see bad times today.

Don't go around tonight,
    Well, it's bound to take your life,
    There's a bad moon on the rise.

I hear hurricanes ablowing.
    I know the end is coming soon.
    I fear rivers over flowing.
    I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

Don't go around tonight,
    All right!

Hope you got your things together.
    Hope you are quite prepared to die.
    Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
    One eye is taken for an eye.

Don't go around tonight,

Don't go around tonight,

Glad you all survived. We call that kind of day "making memories"!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
    X