Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Something Good About SO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Good About SO...

To balance out the vent I posted last week about my DH, I thought I'd mention something really great he did today!

He just finished his OB/Gyn rotation and has his exam tomorrow. He had me drop him off at a local library early this afternoon, and he studied most of the day. We met in the evening to go to church, and he mentioned that he wanted to get a few more hours of studying in tonight. Long story short, I was feeling a little overwhelmed and frustrated with not seeing him very much lately, his plans to be on an away rotation during our one year anniversary, trying to figure out what I want to do about grad school, etc, and I started venting to him. He could tell how upset I was, so he said, "You know what? I don't need to study anymore tonight. I need to be with my wife." And he was! We had a great night of relaxing at home. I really, really appreciate what he did!

How bout you all? What great thing has your SO done for you lately? I'm sure we can all use a Monday morning pick-me-up, and this will be perfect for that!

MY DH spoke with my dad on the phone for about 20 minutes yesterday, to wish him a "Happy Father's Day!"--which meant getting stuck listening to every detailed complaint about every medical problem he and my mom are currently having (they're not old!! They just bitch and moan). It means SO MUCH to my parents when he takes the time to talk with them (read: listen to their complaints and intermittently say, "uh, huh..." hone: So he's a hero in my book!

Especially since he's got this really big, hour-long presentation on Wednesday and yesterday was his last opportunity to finish it!

Comment

My DH did _all_ the packing for our move this past week. Every single bit of it so I could work my grad school stuff. And he made a delicious chocolate cake last week. It was delicious!

Comment

Last night, my DH made my lunch for today and Tuesday since he is on call today and won't be home to help with DD. And he made sure that we had something easy to make for dinner since he knows I'm a bit frazzled right now.
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

My DH spent all day Saturday following me around the outlet mall while I shopped

Comment

DW went shopping with me for new shoes and a belt yesterday. She always wants me to look nice for work She also took me out to dinner on Sat night for surf and turf at a super exclusive place with her gift card she won as a doorprize when she began her program.

She Rocks!
            Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

My dh spent his whole day yesterday catching up with the kids, and doing things *they* enjoy with them. He's made a concerted effort to actually *play* with the dudes and take them places over the past few months.

He's been pretty patient (for the most part) w/my lack of energy and general crappy attitude / feeling during this early part of pregnancy.

Comment

Originally posted by jmurach
                My DH spent all day Saturday following me around the outlet mall while I shopped
                A GOD!!

I am completely, 100% impressed...

Comment

Working...
                X