Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphones

It's a moot issue for us; we're with T-mobile until someone else has a decent price on a data plan (we use our phones as modems when/where there's no wifi available). I'd also be leery of any first-rev hardware; I'd rather let the early adopters shell out the big bucks and find all the bugs.

That said, the iPhones are sexy-looking in pictures.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Sexy is the perfect way to describe the ads. EXCELLENT marketing. I totally want one, but have no plans to pull the trigger. I don't even know how much they cost.

I agree w/Poky about 1st rev bugs, too.

Comment

We're not on Cingular so we won't be considering it for the immediate future but I'm sure DH will want one someday.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
        I don't even know how much they cost.
        We just renewed our contract with Sprint. I really hate cingular. Hopefully in two years the iphone will be available to all carriers. The 4G is 499$ and the 8G is 599$.

Comment

Yep, I have major iphone lust. Unfortunately, it isn't quite cool enough to justify bailing on my Mom and Dad's family plan. Not to mention, during the school year I live in the boons, so verizon is pretty much my only option.

Comment

I have set myself up for a September iPhone purchase I think...

See, last week, I dropped my phone in the water, and when I went to replace it, I found out my contract with T-Mobile had expired, so I decided to switch to Cingular/AT&T because my fiance is on it, and we spend way too many of our minutes talking to each other

BUT, I needed a phone NOW and the iPhone isn't out yet

SO I asked finace if she wanted to get that Blackberry Pearl she'd been eyeing, I would then switch to using her old phone. She was all excited about it, but was mildly protesting that "it wasn't fair that she got a new phone and I didn't" to which I replied "well, if this one doesn't work out, we'll revisit it after the wedding"

So now she's got a blackberry, I've got a razr, but in a couple months when they've worked out the bugs (and announced if they're going to release a 3G model) I can be like "remember when you said it wasn't fair that you got a new phone and I didn't..."

AND VOILA!

iPhone for meeeeee
            - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Originally posted by reciprocity
              I have set myself up for a September iPhone purchase I think...

See, last week, I dropped my phone in the water, and when I went to replace it, I found out my contract with T-Mobile had expired, so I decided to switch to Cingular/AT&T because my fiance is on it, and we spend way too many of our minutes talking to each other

BUT, I needed a phone NOW and the iPhone isn't out yet

SO I asked finace if she wanted to get that Blackberry Pearl she'd been eyeing, I would then switch to using her old phone. She was all excited about it, but was mildly protesting that "it wasn't fair that she got a new phone and I didn't" to which I replied "well, if this one doesn't work out, we'll revisit it after the wedding"

So now she's got a blackberry, I've got a razr, but in a couple months when they've worked out the bugs (and announced if they're going to release a 3G model) I can be like "remember when you said it wasn't fair that you got a new phone and I didn't..."

AND VOILA!

iPhone for meeeeee
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

wow! a guy who thinks in advance. i knew i liked you.

good luck getting the phone.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by madeintaiwan
                  The 4G is 499$ and the 8G is 599$.
                  I thought they looked totally sexy, too. And I was rationalizing the purchase by saying that I have always wanted an iPod, might as well just get the iPhone. However, it would be MUCH less expensive to just get the iPod. So, no iPhone for me.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper
                    I thought they looked totally sexy, too. And I was rationalizing the purchase by saying that I have always wanted an iPod, might as well just get the iPhone. However, it would be MUCH less expensive to just get the iPod. So, no iPhone for me.
                    So it's totally ok for everyone to discuss getting a $500 phone but I mention spending that much on shoes and get stoned? Not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                      Originally posted by grasshopper
                      So it's totally ok for everyone to discuss getting a $500 phone but I mention spending that much on shoes and get stoned? Not fair.
                      I'm with you Vishenka - that is a LOT of money, of course I supose for the die hards it will be used everyday.

DH's iPod just died after only having it for a year and a half so he ordered a new hard drive and is fixing it himself, the iPods as big as he has are to expensive to be replacing every 18 months.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
                        wow! a guy who thinks in advance. i knew i liked you.

good luck getting the phone.
                        I'm downright machiavellian in my pursuit of shiny toys.

next week, I'll tell the story of how I got my fiance an XBox 360 for her graduation present...

Comment

next week, I'll tell the story of how I got my fiance an XBox 360 for her graduation present...
                          that sounds like something my dh would do....you know...so we could both play it.
                          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by reciprocity
                            Ha! My husband's making noises about getting a Wii. Ostensibly for me, of course.
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately, my 360 maneuver cost me the permission I needed to put a wii on our registry!

[in my defense, what happened was I got her two gifts for graduation - a ring and uuum... something else, I forget) but her roommate thought I had three gifts, and told fiance (then girlfriend) that I had three gifts for her, so then she was like "you got me three presents?!?!?!" and I was like "no, I got you two" and she kinda for a second made a disappointed "oh" then caught herself - BUT IT WAS TOO LATE - so I was like "FINE I'll get you your three presents" (I can do faux indignant like a PRO) then ran to Best Buy and got a 360]

Comment

Working...
                              X