Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ew.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ew.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285459,00.html

WILMINGTON, N.C. — The school district that employed a 40-year-old high-school science teacher and cross-country coach who married a 16-year-old student could find no reason to fire him, school officials said.

Brenton Wuchae coached Windy Hager at South Brunswick High School, where she recently completed her sophomore year as one of the school's top runners.

Wuchae resigned his position and, according to a marriage license, married Hager after the girl's parents begrudgingly gave their consent.

Brunswick County Schools Superintendent Katie McGee said both the school system and the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office investigated Wuchae's case but did not come up with enough evidence that would merit charging or even firing the coach.

"As a lifelong educator, I am truly shocked and disheartened by what has transpired," McGee said.

Hager's parents, Dennis and Betty Hager, said they did all they could to keep the couple apart after noticing a deeper-than-usual friendship forming between them. The parents said they tried to intervene by talking to the coach, going to school officials, pleading with police and sheriff's office detectives, even other teachers and students at South Brunswick.

But the Hagers say they reluctantly signed a consent form allowing their daughter to marry her coach.

A local paper captured the pair's relationship in a story about Hager's running success. In the Nov., 8, 2006, article in the State Port Pilot, Hager said her success was due mostly to he coach (and now husband).

"He’s very encouraging. He’s always telling us how proud he is," Hager told the paper. "I’m proud of where I finished but he seems to be even more proud of me. He’s always been encouraging. That’s what makes him a great coach. He’s always motivated us; he’s always out there helping us."

The Brunswick County Board of Education approved Wuchae's resignation Tuesday — one week after Wuchae had filed it.

The school system hired Wuchae as a teacher and coach in August 2004 from Guilford County.

Wuchae and his new bride were at home Tuesday, resting on his living room floor watching TV. He declined to comment.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Hager's parents, Dennis and Betty Hager, said they did all they could to keep the couple apart after noticing a deeper-than-usual friendship forming between them. The parents said they tried to intervene by talking to the coach, going to school officials, pleading with police and sheriff's office detectives, even other teachers and students at South Brunswick.
    WTH!!! :huh:

Comment

The parents said they tried to intervene by talking to the coach, ...
      Hello!!! This coach is an adult man, not a teenager himself. It is just so sickening that these parents tried to have an adult conversation with him, and he just brushed them off.

If they had sex, I wonder if the parents would have filed statuatory rape (depending on the age of consent in NC). Without mom and dad's consent, the marriage could not have taken place- why not just say, "if you still want to marry him when your 18, then marry him, but your not going to do it until your legal."

Maybe I'm being naive or missing something here, but my dad would have f'n FLIPPPED OUT if this was me at 16!!! No way would he have supported me marrying someone at 16, geez, he probably would have been disapproving if I was younger than 25 for heavens sake!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug

Um, yeah, that's when DH shows up in blood-spashed scrubs to show the couch his scapel collection. He's be out of town by midnight.
        That's way nicer (and classier) than what my DH would be doing. He's already talking about cleaning the shotgun on the porch when our eldest has her first date. Forget the scalpel, DH is about as subtle as a train wreck when it comes to his daughters! :>

But, back to the article. That SUCKS that the man has zero self control or common sense. Unfortunately, if she's over the age of consent in their state, the family has no legal recourse regarding their relationship.

Um, yeah....ew.

Comment

My dh has said that he will have a conversation with every date that goes a little something like this.

"If you hurt my daughter or touch her or do anything inappropriate with her understand that I am a doctor, and I could kill someone and easily make it look like an accident."
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
            My dh has said that he will have a conversation with every date that goes a little something like this.

"If you hurt my daughter or touch her or do anything inappropriate with her understand that I am a doctor, and I could kill someone and easily make it look like an accident."
            That's SO much better then a shotgun (which is what my dad threatened dates with)!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My parents made horrible choices looking back. I was 15 when I was dating a 26 year old. My parents knew about it and although they weren't thrilled, they did absolutely nothing to intervene. At the time I figured they trusted my judgement enough to allow me to make my own decisions, now that I have 2 daughters of my own I think it's complete BS!!! That was only one instance of my corrupt adolescence.

DH is currently taking Tae KwonDo and will be a black belt by the time DD's are old enough to date, so his plan is to use that as his scare tactic.

If this were my child I would not have signed the consent form. I would have told her she can make that decision when she's of legal age. Such a shame....
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

In all seriousness, even if they didnt do anything sexual, it was still an inappropriate relationship and the school should have stopped it after the parent's complaints.
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
                  In all seriousness, even if they didnt do anything sexual, it was still an inappropriate relationship and the school should have stopped it after the parent's complaints.
                  ITA.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                    Originally posted by Cumberland
                    ITA.

Comment

Working...
                    X