Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Weather Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Anyone?

OK...August is traditionally the warmest month of the year and supposedly the driest? Since it began, the temperatures have for the most part remained in the 70's and we have had tons of rain! Yesterday it rained quite a bit and our electiricity was knocked out for hours. Is this weird or what? How does the weather compare to the expected norms where you are?

kris

Well- Pretty much after it hits 90- there's not much difference if it goes any higher. We're having the same normal hot and dry- after the floods of last month, of course. We got almost a year's worth of rain in 12 days.

And who says there's no such thing as global warming. I remember when it actually used to snow in DC. Hasn't snowed in years. It's really scary when you think about how we are trashing our environment. And I'm sorry, trucks, mini-vans and SUVs should be subjected to the same emission standards as passenger vehicles.

Jenn

Comment

Well, Jenn, I have to say that the weather in TX right now is fairly normal - actually a bit cooler than normal according to my mom (I have 25 years there under my belt - my mom has 48 yrs living there). I guess what I'm saying is that you are experiencing August in Texas pretty much the way it's always been - but with a bit more rain and cooler weather than usual. The rain is to be expected, though, (and welcomed) because for the last decade Texas has tended towards drought (about eight years ago highly significant drought that killed a bunch of cattle and crops) and now nature is swinging the pendulum back as usually happens. My parents are so incredibly happy with the rain! Their grass is green for the first August in a good decade!

Massachussetts weather is BEAUTIFUL. Our highs have been in the upper 80s during the day and in the 60s at night. Beautiful, partly cloudy, and breezy seem to be the average New England summer weather! I feel like I'm on the longest vacation of my life!!! It thunderstorms about once a week and it is just really pleasant to live here.

Jennifer

Comment

The heat and humidity is normal for here but take a look at the global picture and it just scares the daylights (and a lot more!) out of me. and I hate trucks, SUVs and minvans (although I will conceed that they can be useful)

UGH- enough of a soapbox for the night- my back is killing me. (Although I don't think it's related to the environment of anything other than my really old mattress!)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
        X