Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Our Car hath died....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Car hath died....

Well....they wanted $500 just to pull out the transmission and see what all was wrong...they were suggesting it was the transmission and the gear crank? and possibly also the engine Poor little thing..we're lucky we made it home from Minneapolis the other day. Just driving to the car dealer was so embarassing...the car is so loud that someone actually hung his head out of the window of his car to look at us

So...the bad news is that Kelly killed my car

The good news is that we BOUGHT A MINIVAN. We get to pick it up tomorrow!!!! We were going to buy one at the end of Sept. and use Thomas' extra check as a down payment, but we were able to secure financing with 0 down through USAA.

It's a green Dodge and it only has 41,000 miles on it...and only cost 7000...because it isn't fully loaded....but it is in perfect condition inside and out and has a two year warranty on the engine and transmission included in the price of the car!!! WOW!

I'm sooo excited....though I do feel sad about our old car..it saw us through residency and fellowship....all of our adventures were in that old junkheap....it's hard to let go..isn't that funny.

Kris

Kris,

I'm sorry to hear about the car but again, I sure am relieved that you made it back home. I was worried!

Congrats on the new minivan! I know that you have wanted it for awhile.

kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car, but that's awesome that you got a minivan! I want one so bad, but it looks like it will be 3 more years for us (unless we have baby#3). Did you ever think you'd get so excited to get a minivan? Interesting how having kids changes your perspective on things.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Congrats on the new car! I was sorry to see my "Old Faithful" go-until I got in the new car and could listen to a cd!

Enjoy-

Jenn

Comment

Kris,

I am sorry about the car troubles but ... a new minivan!!!! I'm quite jealous. Our old, about to die any moment, minivan with the paint all peeling off is my luxury vehicle at the moment. We are planning on getting a new one after I get back up to speed on work and save some money. That sounds like an AWESOME deal you got. I hope we find something like that. Our dodge grand caravan has made my life so much easier with the kids. You can spread them out a little so they don't bug each other as much!!! I bet you will enjoy it!

Robin

Comment

See Kris? Something good always comes out of something bad! I know that you will miss your old van but I will bet you some serious cash that after you drive this new van around for a week, you will be more than happy to forget the other one! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Comment

Well, we have had our little Plymouth Breeze (a very small car when you consider that we have to stuff 3 car seats into it) for years. The kids are literally shoved up on top of each other! We really lucked out with the deal on the car due to the economy here. Unfortunately two of the major area employers layed off thousands of people in the last few months. One of them went bankrupt...and so sales are down everywhere. We are really lucky..they actually sold the car and threw in a 2 year warranty which covers the transmission and the engine! There is also a 30-day money back guarantee! It feels so good to have something good happen....this is definately our silver lining for this.

woohoo!

Kris

Comment

Happy Trails!!!

Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Enjoy your new wheels!

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

Verily, my heart doth weep for thy old car which hath died...

But, you get a new minivan! Cool! I'll bet you're all excited about that!!

Jennife

Comment

Working...
                    X