Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

YEA!! Today's the Big Day for All John McClane Fans!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEA!! Today's the Big Day for All John McClane Fans!!

Any "Die Hard" fans out there? I am so psyched! "Live Free or Die Harder" (ie: "Die Hard 4") opens TODAY and it got great reviews (at least of those I've read).

:stars:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to see it until next week, when my parents come into town (free babysitting!) and DH has a night off...probably a week from Friday.

Can't wait! Whoo, hoo!

We haven't seen a movie in a theatre in such a long time, but I'm sure DH will own it when it comes out on DVD, we have all the rest.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
      We haven't seen a movie in a theatre in such a long time
      Cheri, go NOW while you still can! Seriously, we used to go to the movies all the time before DS was born, and we haven't gone since. DH has a friend (father to 2 little girls) whose stock piece of advice to expecting parents is, "Go out to dinner while you still can, go to the movies while you still can."

Case in point: I've added "Live Free or Die Hard" to our Netflix queue because I know we won't be seeing it in the theater.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
        Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
        We haven't seen a movie in a theatre in such a long time
        Cheri, go NOW while you still can! Seriously, we used to go to the movies all the time before DS was born, and we haven't gone since. DH has a friend (father to 2 little girls) whose stock piece of advice to expecting parents is, "Go out to dinner while you still can, go to the movies while you still can."

Case in point: I've added "Live Free or Die Hard" to our Netflix queue because I know we won't be seeing it in the theater.
        I LOVE DIE HARD!!!! I've already Netflixed it too!!! Can I just say AGAIN how much I LOVE NETFIX??? Love it. Love it. Love it.

I think we've seen ten movies in four years in the theatre (post children). YES, GO!!!!!!! (If you can.) Three of the movies we've seen are children's movies.

However Cheri -- when you are the wife of a neurosurgery attending and are "officially Stepford", you can have your own media room and you won't NEED a babysitter!!!! I SOOOOO like this option. Nobody's cell phone rings and you never get sneezed on! You can also pause the movie for bathroom/snack breaks. Works for me!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
          However Cheri -- when you are the wife of a neurosurgery attending and are "officially Stepford", you can have your own media room and you won't NEED a babysitter!!!! I SOOOOO like this option. Nobody's cell phone rings and you never get sneezed on! You can also pause the movie for bathroom/snack breaks. Works for me!
          Yes, DH was drooling over your media room when we visited, I'm sure that will be one of the first big investments in the new house...someday!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
          X