Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

He's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's back!

Well, my beloved spouse has reappeared for the weekend. He got back last night from Board Review, which he said was exceptionally boring and he hated New Orleans (he said it is the smelliest city he has ever been in- including NYC and downtown DC!) He said every body was really unfriendly and he was pleased to find one guy he knew who had graduated from here this past June. He said the gym was hilarious- all these pediatricians running and rowing like they were competing with each other. He said he got on the treadmill at his normal pace (which is FAST because he wants to max the PT test and get a weekend of leave!) and the guys on either side both sped up to try to match his pace. He said he thought he was going to have to do CPR on one of them! He also said he wanted to say "look, I'm in the Army, they pay me to do this, why don't you realx, enjoy your workout and then you'll feel better". how silly!

But he's golfing now and I'm enjoying a few moments of solitude before he returns. Then he's off to Ft. Hood for a month. Ooops, I hear the car. Better go and actually spend time with my spouse while he's around!

Jenn

Jenn,

I couldn't be happier for you guys! Enjoy each other. Distance can really strain a relationship.

BTW, I Ioved Rick's account of the testosterone induced gym challenge. Sadly, this seems to be a typical gym phenomenon.

Kelly
    Edited by: kmbsjbcgb at: 8/26/02 9:00:09 am
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That's a great gym story!

I'm glad you guys have some time for each other...wow...a whole month, Jenn? That has to be so hard for you guys!!!! I have often marveled at how military spouses cope with the absence of their spouse for so long. My dad was in the Army and was often gone in the field or off on a flight mission for weeks at a time...and I don't know how my mom coped. How do you cope with having him gone for that long?

Kris

Comment

Well, actually I kind of enjoy it. (Bad, bad wife!) I get in to my own routine here and it's kind of nice just to be by myself. I can make vegetarian meals every day, I can read in bed until 1 or 2 in the morning, I can walk the dog for an hour or more every night- it's really not that bad. On the flip side, he gets to watch TV in bed, eat meat every day, spend hours in the gym at night- all the things he can't do at home.

By the end of week 3, we'll be ready to reconnect. I think it comes from us being in our 30's when we got married. We REALLY like personal space time. I think that's why, as much as I hated internship year, I didn't suffer as much as some of the other spouses here.

Oh well, I guess I won't be getting Spouse of the Year for 2002!

Jenn

Comment

Tsssk, tsssk, Jenn! You WILL be getting the spouse of the year 2002 award if it works for the two of you and both of you are as happy as can be!

Glad that you get to have a dose of your hubby for a bit before he is off again!

I really, really, really loved his story about the gym. I can just visualize it perfectly.

Comment

Hey Jennifer!!

I'm glad your hubby is back & get that spouse time in... LOL!! You are such a strong person... I admire that!

c~ya!

Christy

Comment

Working...
            X