Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Seattle, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle, Texas

So, anyone other than Evan almighty building an ark yet? OMG, this is ridiculous. It has rained here for 16 straight days. My grass is FEET tall, my pool is green. My tomatoes are huge but green because there has been no sunlight. My porch has a ginormous puddle in it. (that's always good for the wood)

100 roads were closed yesterday in San Antonio. and the forecast through the 4th of July? rain.

My yard guy is out of town for the week- I hope that he gets back soon! It's going to take him two days to slay this beast.

Jenn

Jenn, I was wondering about you. My parents live in SE Kansas and they haven't had near as much but enough to have some flooding of the rivers and creeks that are near them.

Hang in there, I thought they said it was supposed to move out of Texas today.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We've had 3 straight days of constant rain, and the forecast says another 3 ahead. Not as unusal as in SE Texas (and that sucks about the 4th of July!), but weird for here & in June!

Put on your wellies ... and enjoy the cooler temps?

Comment

No such luck about the temps- I mean it's not 100 but it's still upper 80's with 80-100% humidity.

It's actually worse when the sun does peek through- then it's like sitting in a sauna.

Make it stop!!!

Jenn

Comment

send it here....we're in a drought. FINALLY, yesterday we got a storm and some of the brown, dead, dry, crispy grass is a little greener this morning.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
            send it here....we're in a drought. FINALLY, yesterday we got a storm and some of the brown, dead, dry, crispy grass is a little greener this morning.
            We're in a drought, too. We got a little bit of rain a couple of days ago, but our lawn (as well as most of our neighbors') is burned out already.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I saw some of the flooding on the news.

I hope you don't live anywhere near a flood plain, Jenn.

:happyrain: Not so much? Starting to feel a little like a drowned rat? Yuck. I hope you dry out soon.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Welp I guess this post answers my PM.
                I would invest in a squeegee attached to a long handle, so you can push the puddles off the porch. I can hardly remember what it was like to have that much rain. When we lived in MI we would have days of down pours, but nothing like 16 days
                My mom who lives in central IN said that up until last week their lawn was brown; she had to tell her lawn guy to stop coming until it turned green again & grew! I can't get over the parts of the US that have been so dry?!

Comment

Re: Seattle, Texas

Originally posted by DCJenn
                  So, anyone other than Evan almighty building an ark yet? OMG, this is ridiculous. It has rained here for 16 straight days. My grass is FEET tall, my pool is green. My tomatoes are huge but green because there has been no sunlight. My porch has a ginormous puddle in it. (that's always good for the wood)

100 roads were closed yesterday in San Antonio. and the forecast through the 4th of July? rain.

My yard guy is out of town for the week- I hope that he gets back soon! It's going to take him two days to slay this beast.

Jenn
                  Holy Cow!!!

I hope my house hasn't floated away!!! I'm actually serious.... aranoid:
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

We have been getting soaked down here in S. FL. Tons of rain and booming thunderstorms.

Hope you dry out a bit in TX.
                    Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Laker-

You guys are more tropical than we are, that's for sure.

My pool guy said that he can't keep up since all of the pools are basically cess pools not swimming pools right now.

Sending cooling sea breezes your way!

Jenn

Comment

Well the bad weather has taken its toll on my parents' area in southeast Kansas. My dad is currently helping to evacuate a small town about 10 miles south of where they live with his boats. Mom is probably stuck at work and doesn't know if she'll be able to get home. The river that they have to cross to get home has a flood stage of 17 feet and is expected to crest this afternoon at 43 feet!

I wouldn't know any of this but my MIL heard it on the KC news and called to see if we'd heard from our parents, I got a message from my mom with the above information. Yikes!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

yay for rain!! it's been raining here since last evening. today it's dark and raining!! glad you all are drying out...i know we're looking for a good soak! we need it badly!!

now i'll have to mow the lawn...its been at least 6weeks because of this dry weather!
                          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Yay! It's raining here, too, and it's sooooo nice! I figured it would rain today since I washed the cars yesterday...

Comment

I miss the rain.

Yesterday was 104 and today is predicted to reach 100. Yes, it is much hotter in other places but we have no a/c and not a lot of insulation.

Comment

Working...
                              X