Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fourth of July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth of July

Happy Independence Day, a day early! Everybody keep those serving in your thoughts and prayers. My cousin, a DMV, just arrived for her tour in Bahrain.

So, what is everyone doing for the 4th? My MOM AND DAD are coming into town! Whoo hoo! They arrive tomorrow night. The 5th is DS's 3rd birthday...the first birthday we've really celebrated (on his first birthday, DH had already relocated for residency and DS and I were alone, and my grandpa was buried the day before DS's birthday last year ).

I am making a "train" cake (per DS's request). We got him a Lego LifeFlight helicopter set (we live within earshot of the hospital and DS is fascinated with the LifeFlight).

Have fun with your parents and Happy Birthday to your little guy!

I think DH is studying part of the day ( ) and then we will have MIL over for a late lunch. My FIL was born on 4th of July so the day always has some extra meaning for her that way.

Comment

we're headed to an attendings house for a BBQ. he and his wife are normal, nice peeps. they have a pool and a great swingset that my kids LOVE. (we went there a few weeks ago for a b-day party)
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm working for the 4th! I shouldn't complain I have to cover one holiday a year (Memorial, 4th, or Labor) and this one is mine so I'll be at the office regular hours and then I'm not sure what we'll do. None of our friends seem to be having 4th bbq's this year and we weren't on the ball enough to have one so we'll probably watch the fireworks and go to bed.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We're going to hopefully be able to video conference with our man in Baghdad and other than that, pretty much do nothing.

It's supposed to rain (gee, what a surprise) and our friends will come down as soon as she is done tormenting the peds interns in the NICU and nursery.

That's it!

Jenn

Comment

I'm on call for Endoscopy so I'll probably sit in the hospital library and study. DH is not on call but will spend the day in medical records!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Neighbors for kabobs, and then watching fireworks from the backyards. Much to our delight we realized the first year we were here that we could see 5 different displays from our yard. One plus for the "wide open spaces" of KS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                We're flying for 7 hours from NY to CA with a 3 and 1 year olds. We're getting up at midnight to drive down to Long Island then hop on a 6 am flight. A fun, old-fashioned, four alarm family holiday. Can't wait.

:run:

Um...have fun? Or have fun once you get to CA.

You can have the iMSN bucket of Tylenol as your carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                  Originally posted by Ladybug
                  We're flying for 7 hours from NY to CA with a 3 and 1 year olds. We're getting up at midnight to drive down to Long Island then hop on a 6 am flight. A fun, old-fashioned, four alarm family holiday. Can't wait.

:run:

Um...have fun? Or have fun once you get to CA.

You can have the iMSN bucket of Tylenol as your carry on.
                  do you have a portable DVD player? loads of crayons, books, and toys? good luck...and safe travels.

(flying to/from the caribbean with a 1yr old and 4month old was bad enough...no thanks on the 3yo)

Comment

Don't forget the Benadryl!!!
                    Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We are leaving tomorrow morning for a 4 day stint in Wisconsin. I fully expect the server to crash the minute I leave the driveway.

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                        We are leaving tomorrow morning for a 4 day stint in Wisconsin. I fully expect the server to crash the minute I leave the driveway.

kris
                        DONT you dare say that!!!

have a great time!

Comment

Don't worry, I'll fix it!

Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                            Don't worry, I'll fix it!

That's right...I forgot you're on the job. Everything will be fine!
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Going to watch fireworks with a friend, who just received her citizenship- so it will be a special day.

Comment

Working...
                              X