Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fourth of July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
    I'm working for the 4th! . ..
    AHHH! Sucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper
      Going to watch fireworks with a friend, who just received her citizenship- so it will be a special day.
      Now THAT is an awesome way to spend the holiday!!

This is my brother's SO's first 4th as a citizen, too. She was sworn in last fall. They're making a big deal of it, too.

:stars:

Comment

DH has the day off, he just has to go in and round in the morning. Then we're headed over to IL's house for dinner and BBQ.

Happy 4th everyone!!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

DH is off, so we asked MIL to watch the girls tonight so we could go out. Tomorrow morning we'll drive down to go watch the parade in the town she lives in. In the evening my homeowner's association is having a 4th of July party that I'll have to be in charge of since I'm the only board member who's not going to be out of town.

Happy 4th to all of you and yours!!!
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Anyone like me have a spouse who will be recovering from working the night before during the day only to head back and work all night? I've thought about taking the kid to see fireworks by myself, but he got freaked out by them at a baseball game earlier this year. We'll see.

Guess it will just be swimming and hot dogs for us. Which really isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscablo
              Anyone like me have a spouse who will be recovering from working the night before during the day only to head back and work all night? I've thought about taking the kid to see fireworks by myself, but he got freaked out by them at a baseball game earlier this year. We'll see.

Guess it will just be swimming and hot dogs for us. Which really isn't too bad.
              Yep, I'm in the same boat. My DH is working night shift on the 4th, so I'll see him tomorrow at 10:00 AM (then he goes to bed) and then again tomorrow at 4:00 PM (when he gets up)...

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                We are leaving tomorrow morning for a 4 day stint in Wisconsin. I fully expect the server to crash the minute I leave the driveway.

kris
                hmmm maybe we all need to pitch in and get Kris an iPhone, so she can "fix" the problems that seem to befall the site when she's away...I'd be willing to pitch in to that fund

Comment

DH had this holiday block off. :wee: We're planning on going swimming and then to a parade in the AM, a BBQ get-together with friends in the afternoon, and then off to watch the fireworks.

I hope everyone has a safe 4th!

Comment

Driving, whee! From Iowa City to Cleveland. What time we get there depends on traffic and what time we get out of here this morning (gotta love insomnia; I've been up since 3am).

I'm hoping it'll be a good day to start our new life in a new city!
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Have a safe last-leg of your trip/move, Sandy!

Comment

UGH-

It's been pouring ALL day. We have friends who are supposed to come over but if it keeps raining like this all day there are going to be a ton of closed roads.

Good thing I'm armed with Thomas videos, popcorn, magazine and a movie for me.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, that stinks I hope it stops soon.
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                            Have a safe last-leg of your trip/move, Sandy!
                            Thanks! Went pretty well; the drive was uneventful and roads were relatively empty (thanks to the holiday for the day we had to drive through the biggest cities!) We were here and had the car unloaded by 8:30ish (still light out, yay!), and had the TiVo set up connected to a laptop and Papa John's ordered less than half an hour later.

We heard, but couldn't see, the fireworks.

Now, we're fed, the airbed's set up...it's bedtime. After I catch up with what-all y'all have been saying today, that is. My coworkers are all on Anchorage time; I don't have to be up at the crack of dawn to work tomorrow, at least, just before noon.

Hope y'all had a good 4th!
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                            X