Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

holy $hit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy $hit!!!

i was just reading to ds...his nightime book. im chillin...reading...discussing the day today, tomorrows events...and i feel something on my hand.

im thinking spider...which is bad...nope a little tiny blue skink. OMG! it freaked me out....*hebejebes* *shudder*

after i caught it and put it outside i felt better, but OMG! i hate little creatures and insects too.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

wow we just had a post about a skink running into someone's home... 2 skink posts in such short time what are the odds??

Comment

A what? What the heck is a skink? Sounds bad...

Is it like a skank? I would be pretty mad if one of those crawled over me in bed...

Comment

http://blog.dianechamberlain.com/wp-con ... /skink.jpg

just like this...a baby skink...NOT a skank...that would be paris hilton.
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
          http://blog.dianechamberlain.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/skink.jpg

just like this...a baby skink...NOT a skank...that would be paris hilton.
          OOOOh!! It's so cute! (the skink, not Paris Hilton). My DH would LOVE it (again, the skink, not the skank). He's had a ba-zillion lizards (and turtles and tarantulas and...) since we've been married.

But cuteness aside, I also would have a freak-out it crawled across my skin unexpectedly!

Comment

yeah. see ... before I met you people, I'd never heard of nor seen a skink. If I actually encounter one, I will lay the blame totally and completely at your feet.

and if that sucker had landed on me I'd STILL be washing my hands. I don't deal well with stuff like that. Not at all ...

Comment

Jenn, I don't think KS has skinks. Other lizards, crawly things and snakes - but I'm pretty sure no skinks.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                Jenn, I don't think KS has skinks. Other lizards, crawly things and snakes - but I'm pretty sure no skinks.
                thank you Cheri. I'm still freaking about the recent stories about rattlesnakes in residential areas, and how you're not supposed to kill them b/c they're on a protected list.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                  Originally posted by Genivieve
                  thank you Cheri. I'm still freaking about the recent stories about rattlesnakes in residential areas, and how you're not supposed to kill them b/c they're on a protected list.
                  They're not protected here. I run over them on a regular basis. PETA be damned.

Rattlesnakes protected? Are you sure? I'll have to ask my dad.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Rattlesnakes protected? Are you sure? I'll have to ask my dad.
                    It's a certian species of them. I can guarantee if I see one I won't be getting close enough to tell if I'm allowed to kill it or not.

Comment

There's only one thing rattlesnakes are good for: snakeskin boots.

Comment

I'm the person who collects spiders and relocates them outside. But I can't STAND snakes much less rattlesnakes. I would probably run over them too.

Are skinks like geckos? I don't mind them too much but don't like the surprise factor.

Comment

Pretty sure they're not protected here either. Snakes would be up there with my top phobias. I accidently ran over one the other day and was shuddering all day at the thought. When I was kid there was a snake in the driveway and my dad went out to kill it by chopping it's head off with a shovel. It was nasty, the snake was still opening and closing it's mouth after it had been decapitated. EEEW!!!
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

That skink is very pretty, and blue at that! I haven't seen any of those, but we have a non-blue version about 2-5 times that size which sunbake in multitudes in the garden.

It's pretty common in our area to find gecko communities living with the humans. There seem to be quite a few living with us - and as long as they eat the bugs, I don't complain. They have cute toes. I wasn't keen to find one had made it into bed with me recently, though!

Comment

Gah! Ew.

I might have puddled myself if that had happened to me. I am not afraid of many things, but something creepy crawly unexpectedly on me would make me lose bladder control...

Eileen

Comment

Working...
                              X