Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Discuss your latest online addiction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugs
    Today it has been the Phoenix Craigslist looking for a cheap 2nd car, and the LA Craigslist and other property rental sites trying to figure out how we are going to afford to live there next year
    No to hijack the thread.... I belive SC has resident housing. They are in the hood tho. My aunt and her husband lived in Hancock park when he was at SC. It's probably too expensive... cute neighborhood tho. My cousin lives in Silverlake and has a back house that she rents out. I can ask her how big it is and how much she rents it for. I believe that alot of the SC residents live in South Pas. My BIL has a sweet 2 bedroom (it's small but it has all new updates and wood floors) apt in Monrovia for 1100 a month. Monrovia is probably about an hour a way. My MIL lives close to Monrovia and makes that drive every day. I hope that you guys are able to find something affordable and decent.

Back to the topic at hand...

Comment

Originally posted by madeintaiwan
      Today it has been the Phoenix Craigslist looking for a cheap 2nd car, and the LA Craigslist and other property rental sites trying to figure out how we are going to afford to live there next year
      No to hijack the thread.... I belive SC has resident housing. They are in the hood tho. My aunt and her husband lived in Hancock park when he was at SC. It's probably too expensive... cute neighborhood tho. My cousin lives in Silverlake and has a back house that she rents out. I can ask her how big it is and how much she rents it for. I believe that alot of the SC residents live in South Pas. My BIL has a sweet 2 bedroom (it's small but it has all new updates and wood floors) apt in Monrovia for 1100 a month. Monrovia is probably about an hour a way. My MIL lives close to Monrovia and makes that drive every day. I hope that you guys are able to find something affordable and decent.

Back to the topic at hand...
      Thanks Davita - I will get DH to check out USC housing, but he didnt think there was.... Interesting you mention Monrovia, we did a brief drive through different areas last month and loved that area, it is so pretty, and a little cheaper too! We have a while to figure it out, I'll definitely have questions for you later

Comment

checking out doggies up for adoption... there are so many it's sad

Comment

Thanks Davita - I will get DH to check out USC housing, but he didnt think there was.... Interesting you mention Monrovia, we did a brief drive through different areas last month and loved that area, it is so pretty, and a little cheaper too! We have a while to figure it out, I'll definitely have questions for you later
          USC - in the 'hood! So in the 'hood. I wouldn't consider it. I worked for a jewelry company there (who puts a jewelry company IN THE 'HOOD) for about 2 weeks. No thank you.

I also used to work in Monrovia (Davita - I told you I worked in Sierra Madre, but remembered it was Monrovia. I lusted after apartments in Sierra Madre). It's lovely. Pasadena or South Pasadena would be closer to USC, but only slightly.

Don't live near USC.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
            USC - in the 'hood! So in the 'hood. I wouldn't consider it. I worked for a jewelry company there (who puts a jewelry company IN THE 'HOOD) for about 2 weeks. No thank you.

I also used to work in Monrovia (Davita - I told you I worked in Sierra Madre, but remembered it was Monrovia. I lusted after apartments in Sierra Madre). It's lovely. Pasadena or South Pasadena would be closer to USC, but only slightly.

Don't live near USC.
            Thanks Jenn, we went through Sierra Madre too! Also very nice.

Comment

Don't live near USC.
              Yeah, I agree with Jenn. I wouldn't live near SC either. I just asked DH and he said SC doesn't have housing, CHLA which is affiliated with them does. Yeah, Sierra Madre is nice... I have issues with it. DH grew up there and it really is a small town where people know your business especially if come from either sides of DH's family. You can have a tab at some of the stores for goodness sakes. Besides housing/rental prices are ridiculously outragous there. That's why BIL lives in Monrovia instead. Happy hunting and stay out of the hood. By the way, MIL sometimes takes the train (the metro I think they call it) to work from Sierra Madre. You might want to look into that as an option when looking for housing.

Comment

How about ratemds.com? Has anyone seen this one before?

It was mentioned in the newspaper here recently, as now Australian doctors are being listed on it too. It's a bit scary really, as one nasty comment from a p#ssed off patient could potentially spoil a career. Can you see anyone you know listed?

I just found the equivalent site for rating teachers too. It's kind of like spying on the people I used to work with, but I bet most of them don't know what their students have been writing about them behind their backs!

I guess there's no recourse for anonymous defamation.

Anyway, I really shouldn't be looking at this thread, because I certainly don't need assistance in spending more time on the net!

Comment

Oh, the live chats with the Political reporters from the Post are my daily indulgence! and their restaurant reviewer Tom Seitsema is so fun to read. Doesn't do much to make me not get homesick for such a variety of foods but it's still fun to read.

Jenn

Comment

How about ratemds.com? Has anyone seen this one before?
                    Wowza! I guess I'm off to check that one out!

Comment

Yes, I share the real estate addiction.

http://www.pahorseproperty.com/properties.htm I've shared this with Sylvia already. We know we both want farms some day! Horses!

Homeschool/preK and K online edutainment and teaching resource sites. I have an entire folder of bookmarks.

Comment

Don't live near USC.
                        I actually grew up in that area and lived mainly in Arcadia and Pasadena. Both which are very nice areas. What is even more convinient is that instead of taking the 10 to go to LAC-USC, you can take Huntington Drive, which will take you straight to the LAC-USC. I use to drive DH to work there during his away rotation from Pasadena. It's another alternative route to keep in mind.

Also, I can give you my old landlord's name. I paid $750 for a one bedroom near PCC and Old Town Pas. A steal. She owns a handful of properties in the area. I would be more than happy to pass her number to you, just pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky
                          checking out doggies up for adoption... there are so many it's sad
                          I do that often too!

My top visited sites:
                          dooce.com (blog)
                          smugmug (photos)
                          Youtube
                          AccuWeather (I check the weather multiple times a day...)
                          Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Sometimes I go here for a pick me up.
                            http://www.cuteoverload.com

Comment

Flickr.com - of course.

That's pretty much it. I spend a lot of time there. haha

Comment

Gossip sites
                                My friend's Avon site -- I swear a girl can never have too many lip glosses
                                Drooling over the shoes at nordstrom.com
                                Veronica
                                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                                X