Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Poky - Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poky - Cleveland

I figured I'd start a new thread so we didn't take over the introduction thread (anymore than we already have).

If traffic on Mayfield is really that bad (and it perpetually is ... one year East Coast Custard had a flavor called "Mayfield Road Crunch"), you can go up to Chagrin road (south on Warrensville, then left on Chagrin. There is a BBB about a mile down on your left. You need to know Chagrin road anyway - that's where TJ's is. If you haven't found TJ's already, I'll be very disappointed.

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe Fred Meyer and Target are owned by the same company.

The cart escalator was almost like a tourist attraction when that place first opened. Oh - and last time I was there they were redoing the plaza across Warrensville from Target - they were supposed to be putting some good stuff in there.

Good luck!

Jen,

Great thread!

OK, what is TJ's - is this the Trader Joe's everyone keeps talking about? (hope so!)

Comment

Yes. Trader Joes. Go. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
        OK, what is TJ's - is this the Trader Joe's everyone keeps talking about? (hope so!)
        Yep! Chagrin Blvd east of I-271. In a complex called Eaton Place.
        Alison

Comment

I'm going today! I don't know what Trader Joe's is, but I'm feelin' the iMSN push to go, so I'm goin' Hope workout clothes and 3 kids are appropriate! I'll report back later...

Comment

Ok, I just read the last post with the location... That is road construction hell. How far east of 271 is it? I might go a different way.

Comment

Yeah, sorry about the thread hijack over there.

Haven't been to TJ's yet (haven't finished unpacking the kitchen, so we don't know what food we need).

We're a bit north of Severence, so we've actually been taking Monticello to avoid the worst traffic (that road is also under construction of course, but not nearly as bad as Mayfield), out to 271, then just going south there, when we need to go that far east. We did hit the BBB that's just east of Mayfield and 271. Sounds like the one just east of Warrensville on Chagrin might be closer, though. Near the BBB we went to is Fatburger, which I'd also never been to (They're in Seattle, but I think they haven't reached Portland because of Burgerville, which is similar, but with a much more extensive menu).

Unless I'm very confused, Freddy's is owned by Kroger (and that's just within the last...5-7 years or so, I think); I don't *think* Target also is, is it? The only thing that changed as far as I could tell when it happened was that the "store brand" labels changed and they put the stupid plastic guards in front of Cosmo.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                Ok, I just read the last post with the location... That is road construction hell. How far east of 271 is it? I might go a different way.
                Not far at all. Less than a mile.

And, it's a grocery store with a grocery store dress code.
                Alison

Comment

I had to hijack. We used to live off of Monticello!
                  Needs

Comment

Mervyns is what I'm thinking. My mistake.

The Chagrin BBB won't be physically closer to you - it's also near 271. But you may be able to get to it more quickly b/c the area by the Mayfield BBB is ALWAYS a nightmare - good roads or not.

The Fatburger is new since I left. I've never been to one b/c I've always been put off by their name.

TJ's - grocery store. Just a GOOD grocery store. I miss them. I'd go the straight way until you're more familiar w/the area. I used to take back roads, but that part of town can be VERY tricky w/the residential streets until you really know it.

Comment

This is hilarious, I just posted in the Intros section asking about Trader Joe's. I LOVE that place, we always get fruit/veggies there.

Boyfriend's living right off of Cedar on S. Overlook in Cleveland Heights. I am *sigh* still in Boston for a while until we figure out:

a) if I should leave my job
                      b) if he will even have time if I do move

We're considering me moving in January but there's a lot to figure out first - I'm not super attached to Boston but it's hard to leave a great job and lots of friends for a place where I don't anyone. Although I'm sure that's something you're all VERY familiar with by now.
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X