Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

F-ing Money Pit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-ing Money Pit...

yeah- this house he (who is in IRAQ) had to have because it's 'done'.

New HVAC- check
    New Master Bath- check
    Newly repainted Master Bath, kid bath, kid room- check
    Repaired refrigerator- check
    Repaired dryer- check-

Oh wait not so fast on the dryer....said dryer whose timer may be working now but the themostat just went? Next to the washing machine that's making the metal on metal grinding sound? ah- check

New Washer and Dryer- check.

I swear to who ever and what ever anyone believes or doesn't believe in, about or for...I'M NOT LEAVING this house. If the Army up and sends him elsewhere, then too f-ing bad because I'm not dumping this kind of money to walk away.

DONE.

and how much money does anyone want to lay down that the 22 year-old air conditioner in DC is going to blow any second now.

just because.

Jenn

Jenn, why didn't you go back on the sellers for some of that stuff??
    I remember when my mom sold the farm house, the furnace went out and she was contacted because, as the seller, she was legally responsible for such major repairs as long as it was w/in a certain time frame. That just sounds like too many doozies too soon after the purchase, for them not to be liable for some of it?

Comment

Because they put it in the contract that we had the warranty and after closing they were not responsible...

don't think I'll be habiting the local watering hole where they hang out any time soon. (the downside of a small town atmosphere- ran into the guy who sold us the house on Sunday at the gas station...)

Jenn

Comment

I sorta figured it had to be something like that...man that bites!

Comment

So, I bought the Whirlpool Duet Sport Energy Star W/D set. I bought it through the military exchange so it was tax-free and free delivery (although they then dinged me for the oversized item delivery fee). It was ranked #2 on consumer reports.com.

At this point, it would be financially advantageous for my husband to extend a few weeks in Iraq...(mentally, no. financially, yes)

UGH-

Jenn

Comment

Ugh is right.

Now he can call the house "done"!

Comment

Jenn, let me know how the new washer does on poop stains and or puke...I have the maytag neptune TL and it sucks... the matching dryer is excellent, but the washer UGGGHH!

Comment

Really? I loved my Neptune! I had the stackable in the first TX house. I'll keep you posted.

Jenn

Comment

Was your a top loader like mine or the front loader?
                  The thing they are known for (conserving H2O) IMO is what gives it the suckage factor. When you have little ones that poop, puke & pee you really do need a washer that you can fill w/ H2O and turn off so you can allow things to soak. I sometimes have to wash things 2 or more times to get them Really clean. I also hate how clothes regularly come out all twisted together.

Comment

I felt like my house was the money pit when I moved in. So sorry that you new home is sucking up all your money!

Comment

I had the front loader. The new one is a front loader, too.

Jenn

Comment

Well I am the one to tell ya all stay away from top loader neptunes!

I think Tara mentioned a washer dryer that she has & loves;I wonder if it is the same as yours?

Comment

Sally loves hers too, but I couldn't remember what it was!

Jenn

Comment

Take that washer for test drive and report back!

Next week a new washer and dryer is on my to-do list. I'll definitely get a front loader but I'm still deciding.

And it stinks that you have yet another big purchase for this house.

Comment

Working...
                            X