Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

OMG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Yikes! I just realized what the date was.

Not 'til tomorrow. Today is Thursday the 12th.

I love Friday the 13th BTW. It's always been my lucky day!

Comment

We're going to a wedding Friday night, as much as I love the number 13. Tomorrow is my 5-yr anniversary but I don't know if I could have gotten married on Friday the 13th.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
        Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
        Tomorrow is my 5-yr anniversary
        Congratulations!

:dinner:

Enjoy your last peaceful, quiet anniversary together. :babygirl:
        We're actually celebrating at a later date - we're spending this weekend running all over Kansas visiting family and tomorrow night we have the wedding to go to. But thanks!

Comment

I have a good Jewish friend who's got the best response to nervousness about Friday the 13th:

"That's a goyim thing--I'm exempt."

(Friday the 13th as "bad luck" is rooted in details of the crucifixion--Christ was crucified on a Friday and he was betrayed by Judas, the 13th apostle...)

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
            I have a good Jewish friend who's got the best response to nervousness about Friday the 13th:

(Friday the 13th as "bad luck" is rooted in details of the crucifixion--Christ was crucified on a Friday and he was betrayed by Judas, the 13th apostle...)
            Even a better reason not to have a catholic wedding then!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife

Even a better reason not to have a catholic wedding then!
              Actually, I guess I flubbed part of the trivia: I'd always thought Judas was the 13th apostle, but (after a google search), I have to correct myself. It appears that Judas was, indeed, one of the twelve apostles...but by tradition was the thirteenth guest to arrive at the last supper (Jesus and the 12 apostles). So that's how Judas is connected with the number 13. I was pretty close, though!

But that bit of trivia aside, get this: there is a WORD for the phobia of Friday the 13th: it's a condition called "paraskavedekatriaphobia." So I guess if you are a person whose afraid to be in large spaces on Friday the 13th, you'd be an "agoraphobic paraskavedekatriaphobe." And if you were afraid of the water, too, you'd be a "hydrophobic, agoraphobic paraskavedekatriaphobe." Or, more concisely, just a hypocrondriac.

Comment

See, my mom always said Friday the 13th was our lucky day, b/c my dad left that day, and my parents divorce was final that day. Then Jacob was born on Friday the 13th, and I tried to have Quinn on Friday the 13th, but the little bugger wouldn't cooperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                  Not 'til tomorrow. Today is Thursday the 12th.
                  Good grief! It IS only THURSDAY! My bad! But Happy Friday the 13th tomorrow!

Creepy about that bat flying around in the house!

Comment

JulesKC, you are the newbie IMSN addict of the month! I see it didn't take you very long to get your posts on. I can see a long and illustrious posting career and years-long addiction in your future.

We can all only aspire to be like Nellie (cupcake).

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher

Remember, Kris & Rapunzel have had prior names and actually have higher post counts under those names. I find it amusing that SueC is the next highest poster after me & has barely posted in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve

Remember, Kris & Rapunzel have had prior names and actually have higher post counts under those names. I find it amusing that SueC is the next highest poster after me & has barely posted in a year.
                        This is true, well, anyone who has over 10K in total posts is an inspiration to me. I am only at 25% of that. I've gotta do something to get my post count up. How do they do that? They are so sneaky. And you for that matter 6K plus? I mean I knew you were an iMSN slut, but I had no idea the mouth on you. I really thought I could give you a run for your money, but clearly I have catching up to do.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

No way! We just had a bat fly through our kitchen
                          Annie, was the bat in your house while you were sleeping? We had that happen (the bat woke us up) and we had to get the rabies vaccines because we weren't able to have the bat tested because the cat ate the bat!! Check with your local Health Department & ER (or an ID DOC) to see what the guidelines are in your area. Sorry
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

JulesKC, you are the newbie IMSN addict of the month! I see it didn't take you very long to get your posts on. I can see a long and illustrious posting career and years-long addiction in your future.

Yep, I'm totally neglecting my family this week. I need help!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                              Tomorrow is my 5-yr anniversary
                              Congratulations!

:dinner:

Enjoy your last peaceful, quiet anniversary together. :babygirl:
                              Oh how true!!

Congratulations Cheri, I hope you and DH have a great time !

Comment

Working...
                              X