Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For all of you Country Folk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all of you Country Folk

Progressive Farmer built their 2007 Idea House not too far away from SA.

http://www.ProgressiveFarmer.com

This year's house is designed for people who just want to live way the hell out there in the boonies- I mean in the country- but not necessarily have tons of acres.

It's also very environmentally friendly.

Jenn

I have to say it...

it's ugly.....

And...A dear's head above the bed? Green-friendly or not...yuck. I guess I'm just not that much of a country girl.

I hate the floors too, though I understand that scraped, worn look is the rage now in TX.

The only room I liked was the handyman's dream workshop
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Although I, personally, do not love the house completely I do really like some of the "ideas" in the idea house.

Southern Living had one of their Idea Houses down near San Antonio a couple of years ago - and it was completely gorgeous!
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I don't like the floors. This style would work in my hometown- which was rural and farm country. Can't see it out here in metro DC where through any window you see into another house at about 10 feet away...

Looks like really low-maintenance landscape stuff! Rocks!
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

The floors are old timbers recycled from somewhere in the East. I don't remember where.

Definitely wouldn't fit in along the Eastern Seaboard without some modifications!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
            Looks like really low-maintenance landscape stuff! Rocks!
            Nothing grows here but rocks!

Just kidding.

I do have cactus, live oaks, mountain laurels, persimmons, sage, and agave (the BIG ones that get about six feet tall and easily eight feet in diameter).

Oh, and we have lots and lots of limestone....

EDIT: I am still thinking like I am in TX. AGGH!!! I wrote "here". I swear I don't know WHERE I am right now and if I'm coming or going.... But, those are all things growing on our property in the area.
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Exactly! We have the same kinds of plants as TR along with Crepe Myrtle because the city gies them away if you promise to plant them along your sidewalk.

We have a 'yard' and it looks nice when it's cut but it's mostly weeds. Ultimately, it'll be some kind of xeriscaping like the yard in the pictures.

Jenn

Comment

My husband would kill for that workshop.

I liked the kitchen. Didn't like all the stone stuff on the walls. The floors were okay - but I certianly wouldn't shell out extra $ for that look.

Comment

Didn't like it (ok the kitchen was ok without the cow picture), and the deal-breaker: no pool.

Comment

Working...
                  X