Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ohioans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohioans?

Two questions:

First, how long should one plan to spend at Cedar Point Theme Park? We were thinking of driving out there in a few weeks (from Cleveland) but one of BFs friends from school said we should stay in a hotel because we'll want "alllllll day". My take on it is that we can go and have our fun but is it really THAT sweet to spend $$ on a hotel, etc.

Second, can anyone recommend a good camping/fly-fishing spot in the Cleveland area? It's BFs birthday in August and we both love to camp but are unfamiliar with the area. We're hoping to go somewhere near the Lake that's secluded but relatively close.

Thanks for any advice you have!!
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

The two times we went to Cedar Point, I think 4-5 hours was just barely enough -- that was during low traffic, so we didn't wait in too many lines, and we only went to the really thrilling rides and didn't really see the whole park.

On the one hand, you might not want to be out there too long in a day because during the summer you can get fried fast, it's hot and sunny out there! Plus your feet get tired from the walking. On the other hand, it's one heck of a way to spend your day.

Sandusky isn't that far, you could always plan to leave early and drive home late, save the cost of the hotel.

Sorry, not sure about camping or fishing!
    Alison

Comment

Depending on how into theme parks / rides you are, it could be a 4 to 5 hour to all day thing. Either way, I wouldn't get a hotel. They're pricey there, and Cleveland is only 1 hour 40 minutes from Cedar Point. As far as camping -- I'll ask some friends. My first thought is Put-in-Bay -- I don't know about the fly fishing. You could also check out the Metroparks -- I'm sure they have a website and may have some info.

Comment

Put-in-Bay is where Mike did the water snake dirty job, and the "skimming algae/seaweed/whatever off lake erie" dirty job!!! We're planning on going there just to see the place in person.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

so you all love dirty jobs too?

haha, well BF is obsessed with that show and with camping so perhaps put-in-bay is a good destination. is there camping there? preferably without water snakes.
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Put-in-Bay has camping (technically). It's much more the party island, while Kelly's island (also near by) is more sightseeing / hiking & camping (I believe). Put-in-Bay has lots of bars and college kids getting drunk.

Comment

I would actually say to stay all day at Cedar Point, we're big fans!! Depending on what day you go and how busy the park is, you could be stuck in some long lines and if you want to see the whole park it could take you awhile.
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I was just at the Costco just northwest of the mayfield and 271 interchange. They have discounted CP tickets; $36 something per adult ticket (includes free soda refills, or something, too). Good any time they're open in the calendar year 2007. They're in big plastic things you take to the register to get the actual tickets; the display's near the pharmacy area.

I made a mental note of that for when we decide to go, and just realized you could maybe benefit, too!
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Great, thanks poky! That's really helpful. We just joined that Costco this past weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X