Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How to Earn $1 Million by Not Watching TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Earn $1 Million by Not Watching TV

Well, thank goodness I don't watch that TV.

It is the internet and Barnes and Nobles that will be the death of me.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Crap, that is alot of money to be saved. I for one have the TV on alot
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sure, post this when I added expanded cable. It's the attending big-money lifestyle, don't you know.

Is it bad to pay $20 a month to watch Jon Stewart? I'm not going to tell the kids that the channels have changed. :>

Comment

It is NOT bad to pay $20 a month to watch Jon Stewart.

And - sorry - you're not prying my remote from my clammy, addicted hands. A million-schmillion.

Actually, I've found that with DVR we actually watch less t.v., b/c we don't just surf and then settle on something while waiting for what we really want to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
          Actually, I've found that with DVR we actually watch less t.v., b/c we don't just surf and then settle on something while waiting for what we really want to watch.
          Bingo. Plus, you're more likely to watch fewer ads, too (if you have a TiVo, you *do* have the 30-second skip enabled, right?)

Plus, who pays "a couple hundred" for a DVD player? Decent ones are well under $100.

Our current "TV" is a hand-me-down projector and screen that I don't think we paid anything for (OK, we paid $400 for a replacement bulb a while back, but that's it!).

We've watched hardly any TV in the past 2-3 weeks, and it's actually been kinda nice, but I miss Mike. And some of my other shows, too.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

How would I ever get my guilty pleasures taken care of without the TV? Especially since it's been on a lot since we're in middle of the World Series of Poker!!!!
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

We actually don't watch TV. Nikolai is allowed to watch his Thomas videos on the weekend and I try to catch the weather before I go to sleep but that's it. I'll watch the occasional Netflix.

I don't miss it at all.

Unfortunately, that will all change when my husband gets home because he loves nothing more than to plop down in front of the TV. I can think of about 15 more interesting things to do.

Jenn

Comment

I would LOVE to have quiet evenings with no TV but DH cannot stand to have the TV off. He'll immediately turn it on to ESPN. I just wait for him to fall asleep and then I turn it off.

Comment

There are a million things you could save money on -- take this Internet we are using as another example. We all spend too much money on something.

Poor singled out TV. I still love you.

Comment

DO NOT take my internet (Medical Spouse) away. If you try, I'll choke your eyeballs out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                      DO NOT take my internet (Medical Spouse) away. If you try, I'll choke your eyeballs out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      LOL and ditto.

I think the numbers are way skewed to make it look a lot worse. There is no way I spend that much money from commercial influence spending. NONE. Plus, I fast forward through all commercials.

You can take away my shoes, handbags, and makeup, but the tv and internet will need to be pryed from my cold lifeless fingers.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I don't really have that much time to watch TV lately. Even the Netflix discs will sit around for days and weeks before I have 2 hours to spare.

Nellie, we're also finally adding some channels to our basic lineup, as part of the "attending package".

Comment

Working...
                        X