Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ebay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay question

Advice appreciated -- I have a few things listed on Ebay right now. I put in the info that I would only accept paypal as payment.

So...someone wants to know if I would take a US Postal money order. (uh, hullo, I said paypal only). Any reason not to? I assume they would send it to me as payment and then I would send the stuff.

I feel stupid asking this but I haven't sold that much on Ebay. :huh:

I would but don't ship until you make sure the check has cleared. They probably just don't have a PayPal account.

I'm more jumpy about sellers that won't accept PayPal then buyers that want to pay with a check.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thanks, Cheri. I guess the downsides are that I have to give my address to send the money order to and then also go cash it. But I can live with that.

Just this once!

Comment

Yeh, I didn't think about the address thing. I guess my thought is you'll have their address when you send them the product to its a trade off.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Nevermind about the address...I put a return label on!

Comment

Umm...yeah, I need to be packing up THE ENTIRE CONTENTS of my house. I don't know if I want to set aside this book and wait even longer. Good point.

Comment

I'm with Lily. It's too long to complete the transaction. Also if the item doesn't clear your bank may charge you a return item fee.

I once allowed someone to send me a MO for an item and it took 3 friggin weeks for me to receive the "overnight envelope and the moron actually sent cash!

Unless there's a chance the item may not sell at all, then I wouldn't bother.
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

what ever you decide, nellie...make sure you keep your money out of the box.

A British teen got more than he bargained for when he bought a PlayStation 2 on eBay.

When the package arrived at the 16-year-old boy’s Norfolk home, there were 65,400 Euros(approximately $90,200) inside, according to a BBC report. The police are now trying to trace the package back to the owner.

The boy reportedly received the PlayStation 2 on March 20. Two games were missing, and in their place was the cash.

Norfolk Police have until September 22 to hold the money before the matter goes to court. Once in court, the boy’s family could apply to have the money returned to them.

"We know that eBay is a great place to pick up a bargain, although in this case, we agree that the contents of the parcel were somewhat unusual and we will assist with any inquiries the police may wish to make," an eBay spokesman told the BBC.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I have found that people who bid on my auctions who don't read the terms or just don't follow them are in general harder to deal with - they expect their merchandise too quickly or have unusual requests or are hard to reach or understand. I wouldn't accept the MO, save yourself some trouble.

Comment

Working...
                  X