Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who is your favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favorite

Harry Potter character?

I love Snape....master of the dark arts :>
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Hermione
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Ron, you just gotta love him
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's hard to say.

Ron is a cutie, but I love Snape's voice.

I think it's hilarious what was done with Dudley's character in this last movie, OOTP!

Comment

I think Ginny is the super-cool/powerful dark horse. But I truly love Hermionie's smarts and Harry's earnestness.

Comment

none...I don't even think I have ever watched a Harry Potter film in it's entirety , let a lone pick up one of the books.

I must say though ,I found Daniel Radcliffe's character to be quite amusing when he appeared as a guest actor on"Extras!"

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
              none...I don't even think I have ever watched a Harry Potter film in it's entirety , let a lone pick up one of the books.

I must say though ,I found Daniel Radcliffe's character to be quite amusing when he appeared as a guest actor on"Extras!"
              The shame. You have to pick up a book! All of these muggles! We need to start up a pity the non-Harry Potter readers book fund. Go get "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" right now. I'm waiting.

:waiting:
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I love Dumbledore best I think. It's so hard to choose just one. I also love Mrs. Weasley.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
                  The shame. You have to pick up a book! All of these muggles! We need to start up a pity the non-Harry Potter readers book fund. Go get "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" right now. I'm waiting.

Actually, for adults who are skeptical that they will enjoy it, I suggest starting with book 2. I think Sorcerer's Stone was written much for exclusively for children, and written with the goal of being published in mind. I started with book 2 only b/c the store was out of book 1, and once I'd read all the way through to 6 I went back and got 1. The difference in writing and content was so clear -- once Rowling had carte blanche to write what she wanted, the books got better and better. I really think if I'd started with book 1 I wouldn't have fallen in love the way I did.

Comment

Krystal, we already have a thread: http://medicalspouse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14861

Come join in the fun!!
                    Alison

Comment

Hmmm...

I have a list of favorite characters:

1)Snape

2)Neville (am so proud of that fictitious boy!)

3)Professor McGonagal (sp?)
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                        Originally posted by Vanquisher

Actually, for adults who are skeptical that they will enjoy it, I suggest starting with book 2. I think Sorcerer's Stone was written much for exclusively for children, and written with the goal of being published in mind. I started with book 2 only b/c the store was out of book 1, and once I'd read all the way through to 6 I went back and got 1. The difference in writing and content was so clear -- once Rowling had carte blanche to write what she wanted, the books got better and better. I really think if I'd started with book 1 I wouldn't have fallen in love the way I did.
                        That is interesting that you say that. The writing style definitely changed a bit, and the books definitely became more adult the further you go on in the series. I wouldn't know where exactly to start someone out in the series, but I feel that there is still a lot of story in the first book, and let's be clear, she could read Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets both very quickly and reserve judgement until after those were read. The books are still small and fluffy at that point. It isn't until the 4th book where serious time needs to be devoted.

I just think that the progression of the story calls for them to be read in series. That, however, is more true of the last books (4, 5, 6, and 7). I think those could not be read out of order very well. Even though book 5 is the longest of the books, I think that 7 took me the longest to finish, but it was my favorite. Obviously one could not start with the 7th book.

Comment

I do see your point. I'd already seen the 1st 3 movies, so I had the basic jist of things in my head when I skipped book 1. Knowing the way I judge books, I know that if I read through book 1 when I'd already thought I wouldn't enjoy it, I would not have picked up book 2. But it's true they are both quick reads.

Comment

I love Harry and Hermione. Ron was always a little too goofy. Harry is my hero.

Comment

I identify with Ron the most...the affable, lovable, not-so-brave-smart-or otherwise extraordinary sidekick.

Most days, my life resembles that of a house elf: Slow witted, hardworking, able to only see life in simplistic terms, kept around for comedic relief....

But I adore Harry's soul and his ability to love.

Kelly
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X