Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

9 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 hours

That is how long we had to wait at the BWI airport yesterday. And that was the airport we were departing from... There was a cancelled flight (of course). This has happened to me 2 times, each time traveling without my husband and with little kids! AAAAAARRGGGGG.

I hate traveling.

Then to make it worse, Luke (3 year old) after being awake since 4 am Eastern time, was asleep on my lap (Hallelujia) and we were landing in Seattle (Hallelujia) at 8:40 pm Pacific time, (that's almost midnight, so we're talking no sleep for about 20 hours), and the flight attendant said, "that kid has to be in his own seatbelt. He's way too big for your lap."

OK, that "kid" is my son, and that "kid" has made not one peep the whole trip and not caused 1 problem, and that "kid" sleeps on his dad's lap every time when they fly together, and that last time was only about 2 months ago, and DH has never been told anything. He just gets this looks of "AHHH, so sweet, the father with the son". Meanwhile to me, bitch bitch bitch about my other kids. :tsk:
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

That's horrible. I hate traveling period. Can't imagine traveling with kids! You have a lot of patience for not yelling at the flight attendant after your exhausting airport wait.

Comment

That is ! I don't know what I'd do short of shooting myself if I was stuck in an airport for 9 hours!!! :banghead:

But now you guys are scaring me. It's only about a month away before we take DD's on their first vacation to Disney World. Am I going to survive??? What were we thinking?!?!?!
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

:horror: 9 hours. Wow. I hope that you are having a relaxing trip now.

Comment

Originally posted by MD/PhD Wife
          That is ! I don't know what I'd do short of shooting myself if I was stuck in an airport for 9 hours!!! :banghead:

But now you guys are scaring me. It's only about a month away before we take DD's on their first vacation to Disney World. Am I going to survive??? What were we thinking?!?!?!
          We just did "the world" a few months ago- The kids had a great time, and Disney is all set up for meltdowns. Do the pin exchange stuff- it was a lot of fun! (Try to get pins cheap off of Ebay though!)
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
          X