Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ahhh the monsoons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhh the monsoons!

I know DCJENN would probably slap me for this...BUT I LOVE THE RAIN!
    24/7 sun get's to you after awhile! It is pouring down so hard right now, according to DD water is actually coming in under the front door! I'd better go grab a towel!

:happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain: :happyrain:

Gee Tara, I have come a long way...slowly but surely the Desert SW grows on you...my scorpion phobia isn't as intense these days, which is good, becuase we have had a rash of them the past few weeks!

Comment

Right...now?? We have sunny skies!

I love the monsoons too, the humidity, the drop in temp. I could stand in the rain all day.

I love the rain in the PNW too though, when it's more frequent.
      Alison

Comment

Send a little our way! I'm so tired of watering our lawn, and I can't imagine what our water bill will be. Still cheaper than re-sodding the lawn next year, though.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I totally sat here and thought "I bet this is just an intense isolated cell"...we were driving back from running an errand, and I noticed some dark clouds coming from the reservation ...sure enough a MAJOR down pour & a lillte lightening & thunder action!

Comment

I never knew Arizona got a monsoon. I thought it was just India. Is it a real monsoon that happens every year?
            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

July and August are "monsoon season." It just means we're prone to thunderstorms; sometimes they're dry lightning, usually they're preceded by dust storms, often they cause flash flooding. I don't think it's *quite* the same as Central and Southeast Asia, but it's definitely an annual phenomenon.
              Alison

Comment

We had a three hour thumderstorm yesterday with dark dark skies and LOUD thunder. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love rain. Love it.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Keep it- we're supposed to be dry as a bone & in the 90s all summer and we're having our first sunny day in WEEKS today. and it's supposed to rain all weekend.

I'm so done with the rain.

Jenn

PS- Meanwhile the Gov. of Maryland is declaring Southern MD and the Eastern Shore disaster areas because they're in such a severe drought.

Comment

I also like thunderstorms!
                    The rain in the valley is so localised isn't it! I have been out in Tempe and Chandler all morning and I saw no rain, it is so weird!

Comment

It rained buckets at my house a couple of days ago -- none today -- and it also came in under the front door. Quite a bit actually. I also found I missed rain after awhile, and I'm glad I've been able to turn off the sprinklers for awhile. But you can take the humidity some place else. The last few days it's actually been as humid as it gets in the Midwest and parts of the South, seriously I checked the numbers and I haven't been away from it long enough to forget what it feels like. That kind of counters the lower temperatures in my mind. Seriously, I thought I left that crap behind in Omaha.

Comment

We are in desperate need of rain too - send some our way!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Neat pictures for posting.

We got quite a bit of rain here too...kid you not...2 minutes after I drove away from the carwash. It had been overcast for days with no rain. Figures!! Oh- well at least the inside is still clean.
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Those are beautiful pictures! NM has the same type of monsoon season AZ gets. Some years are more intense than others, but it never fails. I enjoy it as long as the humidity doesn't creep up too high.
                            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                            X