Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rant/Rave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant/Rave

I'm full of 'em today. :P

rant: the guy who was supposed to help us pack starting at 10:00 decided at 9:45 am that the "day looked really busy."

rave: That was motivating in a sobering sort of way. We might not need to hire someone. And, my friend's mom is letting us stay at her house for the period between moving out and when we can move in to the new house.

rant: The seller of the new house left a bunch of stuff there. Hello, photo negatives? Unless she was intending for her Le Crueset dutch oven to be a housewarming present for me. And only one key? One? In a house with three teenagers you have only one key to leave us?

rave: We got in the house today!

rant: I am a walking cramp. I can hardly move.

rave: I went canoeing yesterday and have a newfound hobby. Once I recover and I forget how sore my muscles are.

congratulations on your new home (and new dutch oven?), as well as your new hobby - your location is Pacific Northwest? I bet it's gorgeous where you canoe!
    m

Comment

Congrats Nellie-

and enjoy the canoeing once you can life your arms again!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by medwife517
        maybe it is just me being oober paranoid.. but you dont re-key or change the locks???
        Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't care about the one key, because we'd have all those locks changed the day we moved in. You can do them yourself!

Congrats on getting into your new house! YAY!

Comment

What a tool! (the dude who was supposed to help pack).

I say you keep the LeCreuset. After all, I kept the penis pan. :P

No wonder you were tired last night. I forgot about the canoe lessons. I'm glad you had a good time.

Wish I was there to help you pack!

Comment

I am, uh, lazy and get distracted. I swear, I've thought about having the locks re-keyed in each of my last two houses.... . Yeah. Oh well. In our first house, I had a new stormdoor put in with a good deadbolt (not the wimpy kind) and DH re-keyed the back to match. Too much started happening here, I forgot, and after a year it didn't seem to matter as much.

I will have this house re-keyed. I just irks me that she couldn't give me one more key. We are having the floors refinished over the next week and I want to give the floorman a key so that I don't have to let him in an lock up. Taking the kids to the hardware store to make a key tomorrow was not on the top of my to-do list. *snarl* I'll re-key next Monday. This time I really will.

And...we've been displaced. :thud: We no longer have a place to stay between houses. My friend's sister is having a bit of a crisis and is coming here instead of her mom going there.

Comment

AND...get this. She took the bathroom mirrors. The master bathroom has NO MIRROR. Same for the powder room. Who does that?

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                AND...get this. She took the bathroom mirrors. The master bathroom has NO MIRROR. Same for the powder room. Who does that?

Winner.

Three teens out there with your housekeys?? Yeah, I'd re-key.

MIL had a tenant leave behind a whole collector's box of comics and action figures, a laptop, a box of photots, and he left a dump in the toilet unflushed too.

Can you contact her and let her know about the negatives? I wonder if the kids helped with the packing?? Maybe hold the pics for ransom and trade for your bathroom mirrors back?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite
                  Originally posted by Ladybug

I can't believe she took the mirrors. Isn't that covered in the contract?
                  ITA!
                  ITA! Anything that is up, even window treatments, should have been covered in the contract if she was taking them. I'd call your realtor or hers about all the stuff she left behind and the mirrors.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Hmm, keep the dutch oven. Get the house rekeyed. And call your realtor regarding the mirrors. Or look at your contract - it's sections 8 and 9 if you have a copy handy. It should lay out exactly what conveys and what doesn't. PM me if you need more specifics.

Comment

Mirrors aren't specified in the contract. I'm giving my realtor until 8am. Welcome back from vacation, Phil! :>

Three lacrosse playing teens. You should see the ceiling in the basement.

Comment

WTH???

Comment

That sucks! When we moved into our house the previous owner left a ton of crap. Like 4 hours of hauling crap... dressers, mirrors, desks. Our realtor and his realtor were pretty awesome but still all three of us had to keep hounding him to get his stuff out. It took him a month. And this was after constant calling and stalking. We refused to pay to have it removed. I was so relieved when they finally came to take the stuff away.

We had a friend who moved into their house and all the light fixtures were taken out.

Comment

[quote="Genivieve"] After all, I kept the penis pan. :P

quote]

Ok, please give us the back-story on that...

Comment

Originally posted by JulesKC
                              WTH???
                              I'm shocked that's not considered a fixture that was sold as part of the houe.

Comment

Working...
                              X