Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Minneapolis, Minnesota people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis, Minnesota people

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S156329.shtml?cat=1&v=1

Check in and let us know you and your loved ones are okay!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I am watching this now. They are reporting dozens of cars in the river. This is absolutely horrifying. I hope our iMSN Minneapolis people are OK. It was near the University of Minn campus...

Comment

holy cow, I hope you're all OK. This happened on I-95 in CT when I was in high school. terrifying.
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

For those who have phone #s of our dear friends & members in the area, PLEASE try and call so we can account for them!

Comment

How terrible! I hope none of our MN members were involved.

Comment

The only MN member that I'm aware of that MIGHT be in that area is lady0880. We're at home watching the coverage and unless Kris headed into the city for some reason she too shouldn't have been in the area. This highway runs between Minneapolis and St. Paul basically.

Very, very scary.

ETA: And of course Flynn is way north too, unless like Kris would have to, she headed into the city for some reason.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Also to add Flynn last posted about four hours ago, this collapse happened about 3 1/2 hours ago. There is NO way she could have made it to that location before the collapse.

Kris last posted about six hours ago. Its possible but she lives northwest of the cities and this bridge runs between Minneapolis and St. Paul on the east side of Minneapolis.

I'm sure they're both fine. Lady0880 would be the concern but I don't know that any of us know her well enough to have her contact info.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'm ok. Holy Cow...it is unbelievable. I was actually out to dinner with Thomas and my dad called from Dallas terrified that we might have headed out in that direction.

Such...sadness....how awful....

We should PM laddy and Flynn...

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Comment

I kept thinking of all you MN people. Glad to hear that everyone is ok.
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I checked my mail and wow.

Hope all of the regulars and lurkers are OK.

J.

Comment

I truly hope all are OK.
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm here and fine

Hello all, thank you Janet for the email, that was really sweet. Everything thing here with me and my family are okay.
                          The bridge is one that the students travel on a lot, but my DH is not at that hospital right now.

My sister was supposed to take the bus home from work to my parents but then decided to wait, if she would of taken it she would of been on the bus on 35W around that time, very scary.

There is constant news coverage, and it is sad, cell 's have been down and they are asking people not to use them.

I am leaving tomorrow for Chicago for a wedding in Joliet, IL. So i'll be out of the loops for a while.

Thanks so much for checking on me- very sweet! It's nice to know that other people care!!

Keep our city in your thoughts and prayers!

Comment

Thinking of you all! This is awful, awful, awful. My heart goes out to the people of L'Etoile du Nord.

I can't *imagine* how bad traffic is going to be. This is a serious blow to the area. That highway leads to everything from the U to Downtown to the Metrodome to the Target Center to the south suburbs of Minneapolis.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                              Also to add Flynn last posted about four hours ago, this collapse happened about 3 1/2 hours ago. There is NO way she could have made it to that location before the collapse.
                              I'm here I'm here!!!!!

You guys are sweet.
                              We are all okay!!!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                              X