Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ironic situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironic situation

We don't have TV at home, well we have a TV, but no cable or basic channels. DH says we're still in the red zone with $$$, so no TV.

At first, I thought it was great bc I technically can get more stuff done when I'm at home, but I don't. It is actually quite boring esp when I'm home alone.

Anyway, I was checking our account the other day and noticed that there was a bill for a renewal of X-box gaming online.

I asked DH about it and he said that he really wanted it, no if, ands or butts. I could have made it an issue, but I decided to just let it go to save myself from hearing him whine about it being his escape. However, I did bring to his attention that he is rarely home and that's just a waste of money. Seriously, when will he ever have time to sit down and play his X-box (when he should be spending time with me )?

But whatever, more the reason for me to get cable now... No if, ands, or butts!

Definitely get the cable. Anything you can do to help yourself survive the thousands of hours you will be home without him is an investment in your sanity.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
      Definitely get the cable. Anything you can do to help yourself survive the thousands of hours you will be home without him is an investment in your sanity.
      Thank you, Luanne! That was just the reassurance I needed.

Comment

You could at least get the tier buy-through plan. Usually have to ask for it by name, but it'll only run you about 10-15 bucks/month. It's only 13 or so channels, but it gets the job done for us.

Comment

Originally posted by jem
          Get the cable. Period.

Or smash the XBox. Whichever.

Comment

I agree he's being an unreasonable dork.

A possibly-cheaper alternative to cable (depending on what cable rates you get) might be to get a netflix or blockbuster DVD-by-mail account instead. They have lots of TV shows on DVD available, as well as all the movies you could want. I don't have an account myself, but we thought about getting one instead of signing up for satellite tv when we moved.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Get the cable. Period.

I'd go insane without cable

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                Originally posted by jem
                Get the cable. Period.

you're all quite restrained. get the cable.

Comment

We have the Blockbuster Total Access account that's just like netflix. I pay less than $20 each month and get all the movies I could possibly want. Even better, they have it set up now so that instead of mailing the DVD back to them we have the option of returning it to a Blockbuster store and exchanging it for a movie there. So we're never w/o something to watch. Ok this advertisment for Blockbuster is now over!!!

As for the xbox subscription, that's complete I would've raised hell about it. These guys claim to be so friggin busy but DH is always playing some game he just has to beat because it helps him unwind.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by Bittersweet
                    Get the cable. Period.

I'd go insane without cable
                    I am completing, unabashedly addicted to FoxNews. And DH loves the National Geographic Channel (geez...how many leaping antelopes do I have to watch before I start to get hungry for venison??). Plus, the only primetime shows I watch are on the F/X channel ("Rescue Me," "Damages," "The Shield")...oh, and "Mad Men" on AMC (awesome, awesome new show!!).

My TV would petrify without cable. LOVE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife

I am completing, unabashedly addicted to FoxNews.
                      I'm preparing to do an intervention with you!

You are getting veeeeeeery sleeeeeeepy. Your eyelids are beginning to dr o ooooooop. Hannity and O'Reilly are saints.Fox News is good for you..... There is never any spin....oh no.
                      They are fair and balanced. Some people just don't understand how the liberal media bias works.
                      :>
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

WOW! You're a nice wife! I won't let hubby have any sort of video game. And when I catch him playing games online I ask him if he has some reading he should be doing. Oh, and no cable. For now at least. We have a big antenna in the attic that allows us to get local broadcast channels.
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I second the netflix/blockbuster subscription. Netflix now lets you watch movies and TV shows from their website. I had knee surgery two weeks ago and took FULL advantage of that.

I would definitely have a bug up my bum about the X-box thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X