Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I need help buying a small suv...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help buying a small suv...

We need to replace my DH's car, we need used, reliable and want to spend $15,000 or around that.

We were looking at Jeep Grand Cherokee's, but I don't know how reliable they are.

I am VERY open to suggestions!

Go to consumer reports and look up their recommendations.

Jenn

Comment

PS- if you're not set on an SUV, we love our Audi A3 Wagon and I'd bet you'd be able to find a 2006 for not much more than your price range.

Jenn

Comment

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe ('04) and love it, I have a neighbor with a Hyundai Tucson (their newer, smaller version) and they also love it. New ones are probably out of your price range but used ones might not be.

My FIL has a Jeep Grand Cherokee which he has had forever with very few issues though I wouldn't consider it a small SUV.

Once you start looking at specifics use kbb.com to get blue book values so you don't get taken.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We don't have one yet, but with the upcoming addition to our family we're going to need to buy a bigger car. I'm pretty sure we've settled on a Hyundai Santa Fe. It seems like a great car for a good price (mid-$20k, new), and we really like the warranty program. If you do buy a used one, see if you're still covered under the warranty.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

My parents have a Jeep Grand Cherokee....all I can say is they get very very bad gas milage. I just got an 08 escape and i love it. Good gas milage for an SUV and spacious. There are some really good deals on the 07's right now too.

Comment

The 08 comes in a hybrid, but I don't think the 07 does. Prices are low to mid 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                PS- if you're not set on an SUV, we love our Audi A3 Wagon and I'd bet you'd be able to find a 2006 for not much more than your price range.

Jenn
                drool...

Chip the turbo!!

Comment

My mom had a Jeep Cherokee and it was constantly having problems... I would say stay away from that.

I have a Honda CRV and I love it. In fact, I raved about it so much that DH ended up buying one too so now we have two CRV's. I've only ever heard good things about Hondas.

Comment

Go to http://www.mysa.com and find the car article- they did a big comparison of the Kia and the Hyundai today.

jenn

Comment

I have a Honda CR-V and love it... bought it because it had more room in the backseat and the trunk floor was built into a removable card table. What can I say, there were accessories. Plus you can easily move from the front seat to the backseat, which I figured would come in handy someday.

Mine is the 2005 model - no idea what changes they made in the new model or if the backseat in the new RAV-4 is bigger.

Comment

We have a Hyundai Tucson, we just got it new in May and we are really happy with it. Not too big and good highway gas miles. It has really good safety ratings too which was important to us.
                        You will definitely get a used one in your price range. They start at 18 or 19k new. We got new because we could not find the exact model we wanted used (4wd, smaller of the 2 engine sizes and manual transmission, i.e. the opposite of what most people want!).

Beware though! The Hyundai's and Kia's have a 10 year / 100k warranty but it is only valid for the original owner!

Comment

Hubby has a 97 CR-V and my mom has a 2003. They both love them. Hubby's used to be mine until I got my Expedition (he got my hand-me-down).
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

my dh told me that FORD stands for Fix Or Repair Daily.

We did have a Ford minivan, and after that experience I think the acronym stands true...

So, nothing to add, just maybe stay away from FORD??
                            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                            X