Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How did you find your dentist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you find your dentist?

The dentist I have been going to since childhood is not working out for me. I am on a search for another dentist. I will need to have some major work done (bc of what the previous dentist neglected to do), but I'm so afraid to go one that doesn't know what s/he is doing. How did you find yours?

I asked my neighbors.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

She's a client of my personal trainer.

i.e. same answer as Luanne- ask everyone you meet.

Jenn

Comment

The people we bought the house from left a magnet advertising a dentist (they also left notes with paint colors, etc). I think it was a good way to make a recommendation for people new to the area. We've been once each for a cleaning and the hygienist was nice.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Ours was a referral too - another resident referred him and someone had referred him to them.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

How we found our dentist: used a coupon that came in the mail.
            We weren't having major work done, though.

How we found the kids' dentist: found the closest pediatric dentistry group near us.

Sorry, that's probably not the best advice for you.

Comment

The guy was within walking distance of our apartment and the hospital, and took our insurance.

We COMPLETELY lucked out. Turns out, he is a really well-respected, well-known dentist, who sits on the state licensing board. Teaches at a nearby dental school. Great "bedside" ("chairside"?) manner, and even does pediatric dentistry.

How lucky is THAT?

Comment

One thing I like is the ultrasonic cleaning- so if you think you can handle that, it's much quicker and, to me, better than the scraping. So I'd personally ask about that...
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                X