Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Camcorder recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camcorder recommendations

So we've decided we'll need a camcorder with the little one coming and the grandparents all living a ways away.

I haven't even started looking but would love any personal recommendations that anyone has. My only requirement is that its fairly small.

TIA!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

I really love the Canon camcorders. We have the ZR 200. DH's uncle recommended it. Two of our cousins have the ZR 100 and have both been happy with theirs. I know nothing about cameras but ours has been easy to use and takes good film. It is also able to take pictures (w/ an SD card) too but we haven't used it for that. I make DVDs to send to the family. The film quality is pretty good, not sure if that has to do with the filming or the editing...

Comment

I would get a camcorder with a hard drive. Period. End of discussion.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I agree with that - I have seen several friends lose things b/c the DVD didn't write correctly, etc.

With that said any hard drive camera recommendations? I'm looking at the Panasonic SDR-H18 right now.

TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
          My only concern with a hard drive would be it crashing and losing that footage. I'm WAY crazy about our video footage. We have the original tapes, raw footage on an external hard drive, DVD copies, and then we are currently making individual movies from all the raw data. And then the originals are in a fire proof safe. Did I mention my craziness regarding our videos?
          Me too. I keep the original tapes and always burn extra DVDs. I used to keep the raw footage on the computer but it was getting to be too much.

Comment

You can back up the hard drive ones to dvd or any other media just like the dvds, and it will hold more info.

I don't have a specific recommendation on the camcorder for you, Cheri, because I haven't been able to afford one, but I know when we do get one it will be a hard drive camcorder.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

So we've decided on the Canon ZR850 - it will have to do until we're out of training. Its got good recommendations and also takes still shots so even though its not a hard drive we're happy with it. Now we just have to wait until it goes on sale.

Thanks for all the advice/help!

Comment

Working...
              X