Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

my huge bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my huge bed

we got a california king and I am sooooo excited. This was my one thing- after med school I was getting some real bedroom furniture! DH finally set it up, with a sleep number mattress and everything. Yesterday we moved the final piece of furniture into place. DD said that our room looked like a hotel room, except for the laundry baskets. I guess that's a compliment of sorts- I mean a hotel room is basically like the biggest oasis for my kiddos.

verrrry nice.

Can we afford all this. No, of course not!

We sort of can, actually, but it's all in creative budgeting...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Congrats! and put overstock.com 1000 count sheets on your list- they're less than 100 bucks and I swear, they're thicker, smoother and more luxurious than my wedding gown!

Jenn

Comment

Thanks for the tip Jenn! You are a wealth of information, as always! How DO you do it???
      Peggy

Comment

I surf the web when I should be doing any number of other things. Like work, for example.

Jenn

Comment

Re: my huge bed

We bought a CALking as well for our new place. But, it's ironic bc we end up taking 1/4 of the bed. Sometimes it sucks bc DH will end up on one side of the bed and I on the other. It's like having a roommate. :|

But overall, it's very comfortable and I'm sure you both will enjoy the extra room and comfort. Congrats!

Comment

ooh I'm so jealous - we couldn't put one in this house if we wanted to but we will have one eventually!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Congrats and enjoy!

Let us know how you like the sleep number mattress. (Someday I'd like a bed where you can't feel the other person tossing and turning. I don't know if this is one of those.)

Comment

Re: my huge bed

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
                This was my one thing- after med school I was getting some real bedroom furniture!
                Ditto. First thing we bought after med school ended: a king-sized bed. It is AWESOME. We spent our first ten years of marriage sharing a low-quality standard matrimonial-sized bed.

Comment

That sounds delightful!!!!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Wow, I'm jealous!! There's NO WAY a california king would fit in our tiny bedroom. ~sigh~ Just another thing we'll have to put off until post-training...
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Good for you guys! Give us a testamonial on the sleep number mattress in a few months!

Comment

enjoy. when i got my inheritance last year, that was the one of the first things we did. we had been sleeping on a crappy bed with 2 or 3 eggcrates on it (and we could still feel the springs) for ages!! we now have a beautiful king serta. my nana was kind enough to order us some awesome sheets with the extra deep pockets from jcpenny. my mom made us a beautiful quilt. dh and i sleep great now. no more sore backs!!
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I've used a sleep number bed before at my mom's. They have like 3 sleep number beds, in their "guest rooms" so they are convinced. For me, it's great because while I can sleep comfortably on pretty much any type of mattress, I can't sleep when I can feel DH moving around at all. So, with this mattress it totally deadens the movement between sides of the mattress. I can't feel him getting up at 330 to get to work or anything! AHHHHH. It is so nice just for that!
                          Peggy

Comment

So jealous! You should sleep sideways tonight...just because you CAN!!! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                            X