Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

WAKE UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAKE UP!

So this will sound totally unsupportive...just a little vent here...I know DH works pitiful hours...but I wish he didn't have to fall asleep EVERYTIME he sits down on the couch! He's been complaining all week that he needs to get a haircut...um, now might be a good time.

If only there were an emoticon with someone sleeping on a couch...insert here!

Re: WAKE UP!

Originally posted by JulesKC
    So this will sound totally unsupportive...just a little vent here...I know DH works pitiful hours...but I wish he didn't have to fall asleep EVERYTIME he sits down on the couch! He's been complaining all week that he needs to get a haircut...um, now might be a good time.

If only there were an emoticon with someone sleeping on a couch...insert here!
    I throw our three-year-old on his head. Works every time.

Comment

maybe while he's sleeping you could give him a special haircut...

:>
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

DH just came home an hour ago. He was on call last night at the NICU. The baby hasn't let me put him down for more than 10 minutes today. I'm on the board pretending to be looking up directions for the baby shower I'm going to with our kids. I figure if I'm taking 3 kids to a baby shower he can sit with a screaming baby when he hasn't had much sleep. Like I slept much last night either. There's a of snot-nosed-brat in all of us. Mine got there because I thought it was a chocolate bunny. Have to go get dressed now.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
          I'm on the board pretending to be looking up directions for the baby shower I'm going to with our kids.
          That's funny b/c sometimes I tell DH I'm "working" when I'm on here. Otherwise he'll pester me to let him have the computer!

Comment

Totally know what you mean.

My rant for the day about residency: DH is on call and just had to break our lunch plans because he got paged. Again.
            Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Originally posted by Urowife
              DH is on call and just had to break our lunch plans because he got paged. Again.
              You're brave to even make plans when he's on-call! Making plans on on-call days is like tempting fate IMO!

Sorry your lunch plans got spoiled by his little pager-friend!

Comment

Originally posted by JulesKC
                You're brave to even make plans when he's on-call! Making plans on on-call days is like tempting fate IMO!

Sorry your lunch plans got spoiled by his little pager-friend!
                Thanks, yeah, I suppose I use the term "plans" loosely. Basically, he called saying let's get lunch (i.e. things are slow at the hospital), and then I hear the familiar chime of the pager in the background. Next thing I know a patient needs to be seen, and I'm left to my own devices for lunch. Subway, here I come!
                Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I have learned over the years to never make plans that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing on my own.

It's become a badge of honor that if he can't make it-I still do whatever the hell it is that we were supposed to do. I'm NOT going to let medicine dictate everything about my life.

Jenn

Comment

Yes, same here. My two-year-old DS and I have lovely lunches out together. He NEVER has to cancel on me! And he also gets to learn excellent restaurant behavior.

BTW, DH did finally wake up and get a haircut this afternoon. Actually, he woke up right after I said loudly, "Hey, hon, you going to get a haircut today?" :>

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                      I have learned over the years to never make plans that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing on my own.

It's become a badge of honor that if he can't make it-I still do whatever the hell it is that we were supposed to do. I'm NOT going to let medicine dictate everything about my life.

Jenn
                      This is a lesson hard-learned. I have been doing this for 8+ years now.

This touched a nerve because I just returned home from dinner with another family (me + my 3 kids, plus their complete family which consisted of mom, dad - who happens to be a CT surgeon, and their 3 kids) ONCE AGAIN! I really try not to complain about being a dawkter's wife and everything that goes along with that. I knew full well what I was getting into long ago. But THIS is the issue that is the hardest to swallow for me, and least understood, IMO, by those who are not "medical." It is soooo taxing to go out socially with another family sans my husband because I'm watching 2 older kids and a squirming 3 yo while fielding conversation from the mom AND dad. I feel like I'm on the hotseat the whole time. I don't have that much "talk" in me, for crying out loud.

In the 2 months that we've been here in this new city, there have been 3 social functions (block party to meet the neighbors, daughter's school function, and this dinner which was sort of a school function for DS) that I thought were important enough to "encourage" DH to be available for. He is 0 for 3 and my patience is wearing thin. At least he wasn't up and watching baseball when we got home.

Thank goodness Sandy met my DH when she came over. Sometimes I think that people really do think I'm a single mom.

OK, I feel a little bit better now that I've gotten this off of my chest. Rant over.

Comment

Working...
                      X