Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your least favorite chore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrubbing the tub is the worst! Makes the back hurt, is awkard and gross. I put it off for weeks.

I also dread laundry but that is more due to the fact I have to wheel the laundry 1/2 a mile to the laundromat then jocky for a washer which ends of taking me easily twice as long as if there was one near by or in the building.
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

My, my, my this question is highly difficult to answer.

I mean, really, I HATE all chores. After all, isn't that what makes them "chores."

I abhor laundry. I really, really, really hate it. I hate it with a burning passion.

I hate going through things.

I hate picking up. I hate this so much. I hate putting things away that I just put away 10 seconds ago. I hate this. I hate it. I really, really, really, really, really hate it.

I hate dishes.

I don't mind wiping countertops. I don't mind washing the floor. I don't mind vacuuming, I guess. If I had to pick things I didn't hate, those would be them.

Most things though, I hate.

I need a live in maid.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I should mention that if we didn't have a cleaning person coming every 2 weeks, my list would be considerably longer.
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
          I should mention that if we didn't have a cleaning person coming every 2 weeks, my list would be considerably longer.

Totally jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
            The people who redid the house put the w/d IN the master closet. Let me tell you, it's the greatest thing EVER.

The master closet is between our bedroom and our bathroom. It's as easy to fling the dirty towels in as is to fling the dirty clothes.

LOVE it.

Jenn

(of course I have essentially a one-story house w/ a loft and no basement. There are few options with those parameters.)
            OH MY GOSH!!! That is the BEST IDEA EVER!! I am immediately adding that to my list of things that I will be demanding in my future dream house! (Along with a walk-in closet, a six-burner range, two ovens, and a master bedroom that is not within ear shot of every other bedroom!)

Comment

We have un upstairs laundry room and i just love it! The thought of going up and down 2 flights of stairs to do laundry would be enough to make me become a nudist :P

Comment

I don't like laundry, because I've got to share a communal laundry room of 8 washers; shared amongst at least 200 people in my building.

I have to take an elevator down 10 floors, and can't leave my stuff unattended, because people will stop my cycle too early! Also, I can't do laundry on weekends, because it's too crowded in there. And the worst of it? I have to have at least $10 in quarters in order to wash and dry. When dh and I have our own machines in our own unit, I will NEVER complain about laundry again.
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                  I don't like laundry, because I've got to share a communal laundry room of 8 washers; shared amongst at least 200 people in my building.

I have to take an elevator down 10 floors, and can't leave my stuff unattended, because people will stop my cycle too early! Also, I can't do laundry on weekends, because it's too crowded in there. And the worst of it? I have to have at least $10 in quarters in order to wash and dry. When dh and I have our own machines in our own unit, I will NEVER complain about laundry again.
                  That is sort of how I feel too. We have our own laundry (washer AND dryer) in this apartment and I really appreciate it. The last place we were renting had a washer but no dryer - it was a very small, damp house in Dublin. We constantly had stuff hanging all over the place, it would take days to dry, it sucked.

Comment

Hate all chores. equally.
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Out of the chores that I actually do, definitely the tub. I refuse to touch the litter box or take out the garbage. Before our own w/d, I used to hate laundry with a passion and would also do it at most monthly (as a result we both have lifetime supply of socks and underwear and I'd have at least 3 sets of towels/bed linens in constant rotation).

Alison, most people try to get laundry out of the way first thing in the morning, so I realized that around 1-2pm on Sunday the room is virtually all mine. Kills the whole day but totally worth it.

Comment

Thanks for your laundry room sympathy!
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Definitely unloading the dishwasher. My mother and oldest sister have the same DISLIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Cleaning the bathroom, yuck. I'm decidedly anti-bodily fluids and I try to think about other things but my mind always wanders to exactly what the toilet is used for.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
                              Hate all chores. equally.
                              I'm with peggyfromwastate on this one.

Comment

I can't stand folding the clothes...I am just too lazy to turn shirts inside out and fix the socks the right way....but I love the smell of fresh laundry!
                                Danielle
                                Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Working...
                                X