Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Labor Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day

As to not hijack Luanne's thread - what are your plans? Anything fun?

We are going on our "babymoon"/5th anniversary get away. Saturday we are going to a matinee at the Guthrie Theatre in Minneapolis, we're going to see Private Lives which looks very funny.

Then we're checking into the Ann Bean Mansion B&B in Stillwater, MN for some R&R.

That night we're having dinner at the Bayport Cookery.

Sunday we're doing some baby shopping in Minneapolis hoping to find a glider for the nursery and pick a few things up we need at IKEA. Monday we'll spend at home recovering.

It will be a quick but nice weekend and probably the last really nice weekend we'll have to ourselves in quite some time.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Cheri--Have fun...I love Stillwater!

We, meaning the kids and I, are going for a final visit to my parents' cabin in TN. I'm going to try to get Cade up on skis this summer for more than 2 seconds. He is sooo close. It would be awesome to get a photo of three generations of us waterskiing together (mom, a.k.a"Grandma Tube-r", me, and DS). Look for us at Cyprus Gardens soon!

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
      Cheri--Have fun...I love Stillwater!

We, meaning the kids and I, are going for a final visit to my parents' cabin in TN. I'm going to try to get Cade up on skis this summer for more than 2 seconds. He is sooo close. It would be awesome to get a photo of three generations of us waterskiing together (mom, a.k.a"Grandma Tube-r", me, and DS). Look for us at Cyprus Gardens soon!

Kelly
      PLEASE post the skiing pics if you can/want to!
      I'd love to see them!
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

camping!
        Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I think my favorite part of 3-day weekends is that we only have a 4-day work week after them. I'm weird that way.

We have such a hard time finding getaways from Chicago now that we've been here for a few years. We've done Michigan, Indiana Dunes, Wisconsin (Lake Geneva, Madison, Sheboygan, and Milwaukee), Kentucky. I miss the PNW when it comes to daytrips.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We're going to be helping SueC put a deck on the back of her house, since her lousy good-for-nothing husband hasn't managed to do it in the 8 years they lived there. I hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
              OMG Alison! Try planning a "daytrip" from Kansas City and then get back to me!
              Sorry, couldn't resist! I have to agree with Jenn. Though DH says try Weston.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                We're going to be helping SueC put a deck on the back of her house, since her lousy good-for-nothing husband hasn't managed to do it in the 8 years they lived there. I hate him.
                I love that you snuck that little zinger in there with your Labor Day plans.

No big plans here, my parents may come up one day and we may see friends on another. We're planning to just stay home and chill.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

If no baby comes, I'm watching football.

Comment

DH has a wedding in Montana that he is going to. I do not get along with the groom so I am not attending. I will be taking the girls and one of their friends to an indoor water park near us and spending the night. Should be a very calm holiday.

Comment

I'm still trying to convince DH to take the day off. He's insisting that since he's taking 12 days off to go to Disney World that he needs to work the next 8 straight days. Let me remind you that he's not doing clinical work yet, only lab work. I guess I should cut him some slack though since he's trying to wrap up his dissertation defense by November.
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

nothing! sounds like some of you will be having lots of fun! i'm just hoping dh doesn't take call--- they don't tell us until aug 31 or so...
                        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

No big plans. My parents are coming over and I'm hoping to squeeze in some shopping (many stores have sales over the weekend).

Comment

We have dinner plans with a group of friends for Fri night and then DH works the rest of the weekend. He has 8 days off after that so we'll be heading to the coast then. I can't wait to escape this heat!

Comment

Dh has jeopardy call on Sunday so we didn't make any plans. He has a big list of projects that he wants to do around the house - hang some blinds, move some boxes to the basement, get the crib up and get out the infant clothes. We'll probably have a cookout with the neighbors too.
                              Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X