Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

punctual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punctual?

Are you on time?

I really try to be, but I tend to be a "time optimist". I think that my days of beign a WOHM taught me to get as much done in as little time. I would always throw in one more load of laundry, squeeze out a twenty minute run if I could, and the like. I *hate* being late, but I can't seem to give myself more than the allotted time to get some where because it feels like I'm squandering time.

Does this make sense?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

I am always on time. Being late to anything makes me stressed, stressed, stressed. It's probably partly because I hate being made to wait by someone who's late. I feel like, "If I'm going to make the effort to be on time, then so should YOU!!"
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

always on time or early, with or w/o kids. adding dh into the mix makes it harder.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
        I am always on time. Being late to anything makes me stressed, stressed, stressed. It's probably partly because I hate being made to wait by someone who's late. I feel like, "If I'm going to make the effort to be on time, then so should YOU!!"
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Double I hate being late!
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I am always on time so much that it physically stresses me and all around me if it even seems like we will be late. It really bugs me that I am so anal about such things.

Comment

I'm usually on time, but it is very painful and not easily done. DH is always late.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by LDRO
                Double I hate being late!
                Ditto for me, too! I hate, hate, hate being late!

Comment

If its something important to me, like a social function or a lunch date with a friend I'm always on time, DH allowing.

Work is another story, I usually roll in about 10-15 minutes late every morning - oh well!

ETA: I did just read an etiquette thing by the Post sisters that said you should NEVER show up early (even by a couple of minutes) to a social function at someone's home. Thought that was interesting.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

This is me to a T.

Ironically, we're ALWAYS the first one to anything -- because we're on time.
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Me? Not so much. I'm getting better about it though. I'm noticing that with Jacob starting school and me having to set an alarm and get myself moving, that the rest of my life is kind of following suit. Up to now I've had the luxury of waiting until the kids woke me, and then starting our day from there, which ended up with a lot of slow-movement, lack of urgency kind of days. I've found it's not really the best way to go about it.

As far as work - I was never on time. Let's just say that it's good that I've always been good at my job, b/c no one ever gave me a hassle for lack of punctuality.

Comment

We both try to be on time as much as possible, unless we're meeting friends who are notorious for being late, in which case we add about half an hour. I was rarely on time for work though. I'm not a morning person and it always takes me forever to get out the door in the mornings.

Comment

Nothing stresses me out more than being late so I do my best to be on time or early for appointments. Though, I usually show up at least 10-15 minutes late for social functions because I don't like being the first guest to arrive...I'm always afraid that I'll show up as the host is still rushing to get ready.

Comment

If I'm alone, I'm always on time, but now with baby in tow and a dawdling hubby not so much. I'll be standing by the door with DD, purse, and diaper bag in arms and DH will decide he just HAS to water every single plant at that very second or he hasn't finished grooming himself yet. It drives me nuts, but I'm working on being a more patient person.

Comment

I'm always, always, always on time or earlier too. It causes me major anxiety to be late.

My sister is the same way and I'm convinced it's because our Mom is chronically late. It drives me crazy! I always say the my Mom will be late to her own funeral.
                              Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Working...
                              X