Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday

Friday night, Labor Day weekend:

I went to Lowes and bought paint

I went to Barnes & Noble and bought a cookbook

I came home, made a martini, and am online

DH is ICU Attending from this evening 6 pm to Monday morning I won't see much of him.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Typical, ehh? I hope you find a few great recipes in your new cookook and share them!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Re: Friday

Originally posted by Luanne123
      Friday night, Labor Day weekend:

I went to Lowes and bought paint

I went to Barnes & Noble and bought a cookbook

I came home, made a martini, and am online

DH is ICU Attending from this evening 6 pm to Monday morning I won't see much of him.
      So...you are planning to paint a cookbook while drunk?

Wow, now that's lonely. I think I actually had those plans one night, too.

Hang in there!

Comment

misery loves company!

DH has call today and on Monday. I'm so bitter. And here I was looking forward to the attendinghood where this doesn't happen.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

My DH is on-call Saturday and Sunday of this fabulous Labor Day weekend. I'm not too upset about it. I intend to have a very lazy weekend! Plus this is his holiday weekend which means he'll get the bigger holiday weekends off so I definitely can't complain.

Comment

I'm partly bitter b/c he's the only intern who doesn't get any time off over the Christmas/New Years. The rest of the hospital gets to take one or the other week off. Except SICU, which lands on him.

No happy holidays in our future, sadly, but really as the bottom of the totem pole I didn't expect much. It just sucks to know that his classmates DO have holidays off. I wish it sucked equally for all interns in our program.
            Peggy

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
              I'm partly bitter b/c he's the only intern who doesn't get any time off over the Christmas/New Years. The rest of the hospital gets to take one or the other week off. Except SICU, which lands on him.

No happy holidays in our future, sadly, but really as the bottom of the totem pole I didn't expect much. It just sucks to know that his classmates DO have holidays off. I wish it sucked equally for all interns in our program.
              Ouch! I'm sorry that you are getting shafted when it comes to holidays.
              If it's any consolation, my husband will be on Q3 over the holidays (all of them, including Jan. 1), and has decided that even though we have 4 days off together this weekend, that he'd like to sleep through them. It's 12:30 and the guy is still asleep.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                and has decided that even though we have 4 days off together this weekend, that he'd like to sleep through them. It's 12:30 and the guy is still asleep.
                :alarmclock:
                Peggy

Comment

Luanne - we should try to coordinate weekends sometime... my DH is on call most of the weekend too...

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful plan to me.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                    X