Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sleepy time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepy time

What is your sleepy time of the day? Mine is 3pm. How do you get a pick-me-up when you just want to lay down and go to sleep?
    Needs

Mine's around 3 too. I crank out an espresso. Recently, dh has been home between 4-5, and we have coffee together. I love this time of the day...
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

around 3-3:30...im not above turning on PBS and crashing on the sofa for a few minutes. or an hour
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I need to find a solution to this question or the next four months are going to be LOOOOOOOONG! 2:30pm is about when I hit my wall each day.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Mine is sometime just after I wake up in the morning until right before I go to bed.

I need a nap!

Comment

Anytime after the kids go to bed.
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Usually 4-6pm which I sarcastically call Happy Hour. I often feel better after eating dinner so I've tried having a more substantial snack in the afternoon. Sometimes it helps but it's not the same.

Comment

OOOOoooops. I misunderstood the question.

Honestly, Phoebe, I'm so sleepy all day long that I drink coffee like it was water. My HAPPY HOUR is when the kids are in bed.... I don't know if I have a time of day where I feel more/less sleepy, tbh. I feel like I just drag most of the time.
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I eat constantly throughout the day. Seriously- every two hours or so I'm munching on something- cherry tomatoes, a snack pack of pretzels, a ginormous coffee w/ a granola bar. I'm also a caffeine addict so I NEVER, ever let the caffeine levels drop. Ever. Instant headache and immediate pissyness. I keep quarters in my desk drawer for emergencies.

My hit the wall time is usually 3 pm. I get up, walk around, go to the bathroom, go outside and get air, eat something, refill my water bottle (which is also going all day long) and if I feel like the caffeine is wearing off, I'll get a diet dr. pepper or a cup of (normally really bad) coffee.

Jenn

Comment

So it's normal to be tired during the day? I thought something was wrong with me. Wait, maybe there is. I never have any energy. Since I hate coffee, I was thinking of trying No-Doz. Will I get addicted?

Maybe I should stop eating ice cream for breakfast and take some vitamins.

Comment

I get droopy around 1ish.....if I have the oppurtunity, I take a power nap. If not, I go for a walk or put on music and dance dance dance.

Comment

3 or 4.

When I visted my friend in Cleveland, she greeted me with "want to join me for foursies?" She brews a pot of coffee around 4PM every day. I should go that route, as it's usually when I'm most prone to inappropriate snacking.

Comment

What's UP with you people? Are you vampires?? Doesn't anyone get sleepy AT NIGHT?

My sleepy time is 11:00 PM.

Comment

I'm a night owl. I force myself to go to bed because I know I'm an ass w/ less than 8 hours of sleep. but there's definitely a wall at 3pm.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                              What's UP with you people? Are you vampires?? Doesn't anyone get sleepy AT NIGHT?

My sleepy time is 11:00 PM.
                              I have the most screwed up sleep schedule ever. I've been going to sleep around 2, 3, once around 5am, just because lately I can't sleep

Comment

Working...
                              X