Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum

I think my global announcement disappeared.

In any case...report glitches, problems, gleeful joyful noises here.

You may notice that some of the forums have been consolidated into subforums....If you have any suggestions for more consolidation or more subforums, let one of the admins know.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: New Forum

thanks Kris! so far so good, and it looks great!

Comment

Too bad you lost the last post. It was full of such glee from me...such a rarity.

Anyway, I just keep finding more and more and more and more stuff I am loving about the new forum.

Did you know that when you click on PM from a post, it references the post and quotes it all pretty in your PM? It does!! It is so smart! It even titles it for you. If you want I will make a new list of how much I love this new forum. The colors, the smilie access, the PM threads, and No, "YOU REFRESH TOO MUCH, YOU SILLY LOSER" when you refresh all the time like me.

Drool, love, love, drool. New board rocks.

:stars:
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I like the age appropriate subcategories to the parents forum...

I also like the smilies right there.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I 2nd Sandy's suggestion about the admin names. They keep drawing my eye over, and I think old posts are new. Also, if there is a way to deliniate between the sticky's and most recently posted threads, that would be helpful.

Just observations - certianly not criticisms - and take your time!

I've got to say, I haven't "seen" Heidi this happy in ... well, ever! I hope that warms your heart Kris.

Comment

Hmmm...how come it doesn't say I'm online, even when I am? I changed the "hide online status" to "no"....
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky
              Hmmm...how come it doesn't say I'm online, even when I am? I changed the "hide online status" to "no"....
              It will update the status the next time you log in, like after you close your browser and reopen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                I 2nd Sandy's suggestion about the admin names. They keep drawing my eye over, and I think old posts are new. Also, if there is a way to deliniate between the sticky's and most recently posted threads, that would be helpful.

Just observations - certianly not criticisms - and take your time!

I've got to say, I haven't "seen" Heidi this happy in ... well, ever! I hope that warms your heart Kris.

I would also like to see new posts jump out at me more in some way. Admin names jump out more than anything. It is a little distracting.

Even Chad noticed how happy I was today.

But, as you know, I am already loving the new changes. It feels so fresh and alive.

Comment

Yay! thanks. I didn't actually have to close my browser, just log out and back in (duh!).
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I love the new font!
                    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I like the little dot that is on the page-thingie to the left of topics that shows whether or not i have posted to a thread...like in the congrats threads or the sympathy threads...I forget whether or not I've posted...now I can just look for the dot instead of searching through 3, or 4 or 5 pages. Neat.

I do kinda wish though that unread threads stood out a little more....at least the little page with the arrow is still there to jump to new post....and its cool that it works even if you've stayed online but someone posted something new...it doesn't just go to the recent post of the session but the recent post since you looked at the thread. Cool.
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Do the tickers show up funny on everyone else's screen? Or is something wrong with our computer. :huh:
                        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Looks good to me!
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
                            I like the little dot that is on the page-thingie to the left of topics that shows whether or not i have posted to a thread...like in the congrats threads or the sympathy threads...I forget whether or not I've posted...now I can just look for the dot instead of searching through 3, or 4 or 5 pages. Neat.

I do kinda wish though that unread threads stood out a little more....at least the little page with the arrow is still there to jump to new post....and its cool that it works even if you've stayed online but someone posted something new...it doesn't just go to the recent post of the session but the recent post since you looked at the thread. Cool.
                            I did not know that about the dots! I am learning something new everytime I come here. I was thinking, what dots? And, then I saw them. This could be bad for me. I don't have a dot on that thread, better stick a :nothing: in there.

Need dots on all threads. Kris, you've created a monster. OOOOOOH dots!!!

Comment

Who knew that this is all you would need, Heidi. I'll keep this in mind for other down times! When you're feeling on the edge, let me know...and I'll roll out something new.

kris
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X