Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Retail Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Therapy

Since DH is indulging himself in a little "home improvement therapy", I've taken it upon myself to indulge in a little "retail therapy". I have nothing else to do, right? It started out innocently - I was just going to start our Christmas shopping. But, my mom gave DD my old cabbage patch dolls and I've gotten hooked on buying stuff for them on ebay. So far I've gotten
    - some patterns to make them clothes once I am up and around again
    - some ice skates (!)
    - three new dolls that we don't need but they come with roller skates (!!)
    - some Halloween clothes

and I have another auction for clothes that ends later today.

Plus I bought DD some (educational) movies and books from amazon.

Someone, close my paypal account and take away my credit card!
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Re: Retail Therapy

Nothing wrong with retail therapy at all!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

oh retail therapy always turns into retail addiction....it's never just a little therapy....it's like you need to go to therapy for the addiction...yikes

Comment

Good for you. And ice skates for cabbage patch dolls - sweet!

I heart ebay - it takes retail therapy to a new level. It is practically a sport in our family. Enjoy!

Comment

Girlfriend - if I were in your shoes and stuck in bed 24/7 with a laptop to keep me company, I'd have done a LOT more damage than that. Think private-island-buying-and-redecorating ....

You've shown amazing self control IMO.

Comment

I love retail therapy! It's often much cheaper than real therapy and doesn't bring up any dead bodies or repressed emotions. Rock on!

Comment

Yeah it's amazing the deals you can find when you can pour hours into looking Enjoy your finds!

Comment

Woo Hoo! I won my doll clothes auction!!! I just balanced out checkbook so I have to stop...........for now. :> Back to the knitting I guess......
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Kate said:

Someone, close my paypal account and take away my credit card!
                  Apparently retail therapy is how I am surviving fellowship. I'll cut your cards up if you cut up mine.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Someone needs to cut my card up! It's so bad that I took the kids to a mall after school Friday. Hubby called when he got off work and met us "for dinner." Really to make sure I didn't buy anything other than taking the girls and a friend to Build A Bear. Went to another mall with my sister and all our kids (my 3, her 2 year old who is like 5 kids in one) today. He met us there in his scrubs to supervise my spending! Of course, he left before we did so even though he had approved a pair of jeans for me and a pair of pretty red wedges (also for me) I spent enough in Gymboree to earn a GymBuck. Oops! Out. Of. Control. Big. Time.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Kate, I agree with whoever said that being on bedrest with a laptop for company is beyond tempting. Congrats on your wins! Those will be fun to give to your DD.

Comment

I think, that since we are stuck without spouses much of the time, and since dawkter-spouses *need* to buy these huge textbooks that cost around $400-$700 a pop, that we are entitled to some retail therapy.

Anyway, Kate, it sounds like a lot of fun and it's not as though you aren't buying completely practical things! Think of the hours of enjoyment those Cabbage Patch dolls bring! Hours and Hours...
                        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                        X