Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

PDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDA

(No not public displays of affection)

I didn't really know where else to put this so I'm putting it here. I need a new PDA (handheld organizer). I have a Sony Clie that I've had for years and its dying. Now I really only use my PDA for contacts and my checkbook and my calendar. I have no problem going to a paper calendar/contacts in fact I have a "mom" one picked out but I really don't want to give up my electronic checkbook register so I think I'll stick with a PDA.

Anyone have one that they just love? Anyone gotten one recently?

Anyone have a "smartphone" that is the combined PDA/phone? I keep thinking that is another option to reduce one thing in my purse but the monthly plans on them seem so expensive I really just need a phone with PDA options, no e-mail or web use.

TIA!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: PDA

We are with T-Mobile so we got the new Wing (DH needed one for his rotations) and I needed one because I like shiny new things It works pretty well...email, outlook, contacts, phone and camera. I like having it all in one...keeps life easier and my purse lighter!
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

those ARE cool Danielle! I'm all about ditching Sprint when my contract is up. The reception here in THEIR HOMETOWN has gotten really crappy.

Mind if I ask how pricey the data plan is??

Comment

My mom has a Treo (with Verizon) and it works for everything. I want one too!

Comment

Yep, the more I look at the Treo the more I think that is the way to go but in order to afford it I'd need DH to give up his phone and get one too b/c two Treo's on a family plan with our discount is more reasonable. DH loves toys but I'm not sure he would really want one and then I have to figure out how much it would cost to get out of our current contract. :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
            those ARE cool Danielle! I'm all about ditching Sprint when my contract is up. The reception here in THEIR HOMETOWN has gotten really crappy.

For our two phones, it is $75 per month. If I added the outlook capabilty with web browsing and all...it would be closer to $85 bucks a month. Still not too bad. And I love that it has a full keyboard...that is very important to me.
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

DH uses Treo and really likes it!

Comment

My DH has a treo and loves it. He uses it for rotations- there are some amazing programs he has at the touch of a button! I am looking to upgrade as well so keep me updated! I would like a treo but i feel like i wouldn't use all the features so it might not be worth it.
                Do you know if the treo has the auto- check register? I would love that!

Comment

Originally posted by lady0880
                  My DH has a treo and loves it. He uses it for rotations- there are some amazing programs he has at the touch of a button! I am looking to upgrade as well so keep me updated! I would like a treo but i feel like i wouldn't use all the features so it might not be worth it.
                  Do you know if the treo has the auto- check register? I would love that!
                  You can buy check register software for it since its a Palm OS. The Quicken is $40 there are a few that are cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by LDRO
                    Originally posted by Genivieve

For our two phones, it is $75 per month. If I added the outlook capabilty with web browsing and all...it would be closer to $85 bucks a month. Still not too bad. And I love that it has a full keyboard...that is very important to me.
                    $75 each -right?

Comment

I have a Dell Axim (x30) that I LOVE!! I don't know if you can still buy them new though. I recently spent $100 just to fix the screen (dropped it for the 300th time) b/c I love it so much!
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

DH and I both just got a Blackberry with Verizon service. I love it but still don't know how to work everything.
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

DH has a Treo and hasn't been too impressed. I think it has to do with missing calls while it's checking for updates???? I can't remember, but I can check with him.

Comment

So we've decided there is no way we can afford the plans on a smartphone so I'll just get a new PDA to replace the one that is dying.

Thanks!

Comment

I have a Treo smartphone and DH has just a Treo and also a Dell (his hospital gives them to all incoming residents). I love love love my phone/PDA! I do have the plan with internet service so I pay an extra $40 a month through AT&T/Cingular. If you're just going with a PDA, DH loved his Treo until he got the Dell. Now he loves the Dell more. Poor little Treo. It was his constant companion for so long and now it's just his back-up.
                              Veronica
                              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                              X