Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Intruder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intruder!

Holy moly. My heart is thumping like crazy. I just saw the locks turning on our front door. GASP. It's dh home from work.

He always calls from the car. My phone was off and he had tried calling it.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: Intruder!

He was saying something about a neuro case that he feared would go through the night. He's on home call for peds. I wasn't expecting him home until late tonight, if at all. I couldn't believe it.

He said that he could have knocked or called out my name - which would have been a lot less frightening!

Comment

Guess it's a good thing you didn't grab a bat and get ready to hit the "intruder!"
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Funny, I read this thread last night, and then about 12:30 am I heard noises at my front door. Where there is NO peep hole. I tried looking out the window in the room next to the door but I couldn't see anything. In our new house, still adjusting to the 4 bedroom 2000 sq. ft. living space (+ 1000 sq. ft. basement!! Just a tad big for me right now) alone while DF is on call. I flipped out, turned on all the lights, and turned on the TV. Yikes. Very scary. I think I am going to make DF put in a peep hole for me. Its just creepy without one.

Eileen

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
          Guess it's a good thing you didn't grab a bat and get ready to hit the "intruder!"
          I had a bad experience when dh was an intern, when a painter came into my bedroom while I was asleep. He came in by mistake looking for something to paint... I think there was a mistake in the apartment management's orders. Ever since this incident, I've been on edge. I usually go for a kitchen knife.

But you know, if I were to stab an intruder, I could get sued, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. McPads
            I think I am going to make DF put in a peep hole for me. Its just creepy without one.

Eileen
            Do it ASAP. They are really easy to install. I made my old apartment put one in for me.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
              I had a bad experience when dh was an intern, when a painter came into my bedroom while I was asleep. He came in by mistake looking for something to paint... I think there was a mistake in the apartment management's orders.
              Umm...scary!!!

I'm on edge when DH is gone at night and I have no excuse. When he is gone I sleep with all the phones in the house, just in case. I have to have DH call me whenever he is on the way home just so I don't call 911 as he is stumbling in the door.

Comment

That's why when we move into our own home, we'll get a lab! They sound bigger and tougher than they actually are!

Comment

I got the alarm reactivated when Rick left. Although, it does't help when I forget to lock the doors and the dog is so asleep on my bed that when (if?) he hears a noise, he may lift his head up and manage to squeeze out an "oof" before falling immediately back to sleep.

Great.

jenn

Comment

Working...
                  X