Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I hate leaf blowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate leaf blowers

I really really hate leaf blowers. Our neighbors are having their yard done right now and it is all I can do to sit here and not redirect the end of the leaf blower up someones ***.

You know those things that just make your blood boil even though you know they shouldn't? Even though it is just a stupid leaf blower that will be done in a few minutes?

Re: I hate leaf blowers

They're really stupid.

My grandmother told me they were invented in Japan, so that they could blow fallen leaves away from delicate plants for easier clean-up and so that you don't disturb the soil with a rake.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I would assume that leaf blowers were banned in Portland!

Comment

Wouldn't spraying down the sidewalks just make the leaves soggy? :huh:

We had a neighbor who raked all his leaves... straight onto the street. And left them there. :huh: We are in an area where you are supposed to put everything in the degradable bags for the guys to take away on Mondays.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I hate those things! So loud and smelly and polluting. And I worry when I see a worker using one without ear protection.

I dread the sound of lawnmowers too. I know they're necessary... I'm just so sensitive...

Comment

I'm with you all...hate the leaf blowers. and the snow blowers, and the lawnmowers and the atvs and muffler-less cars too.
            I think we'd solve the nation's air pollution AND obesity problems at once if everybody would dig out their rakes and shovels (and implements of destruction) and toss out all the gas-powered two-stroke instruments of death.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
              I'm with you all...hate the leaf blowers. and the snow blowers, and the lawnmowers and the atvs and muffler-less cars too.
              I think we'd solve the nation's air pollution AND obesity problems at once if everybody would dig out their rakes and shovels (and implements of destruction) and toss out all the gas-powered two-stroke instruments of death.
              I love this post!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Our neighbor has someone come every Tuesday morning at 8:30am. Granted, I'm home all day most days and up late at night studying most nights, so it's the most annoying alarm clock of all. AND, her front yard is seriously 10X12 feet at most. She needs to get off her large tail and do it herself.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not giving up my snowblower - no way, now how.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                  X